I want to do a colon cleanse without starving myself?

Options

Replies

• anooch
    anooch Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Alright fine, you all convinced me.

I'm just gonna go buy some prune juice :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    If you're constipated, prune juice is good. So is Metamucil. Natural Calm is good too, but I find it wipes me out generally.

If I'm bloated and gassy, I find dandelion bitters to work well (or even just a couple of leaves)
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    There's something called "Butt Sects" that works well sometimes. It's free and you won't have to change your diet at all!
    giphy.gif
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

If you're constipated, get some Milk of Mag, prune juice and apple sauce. Mix them together. Warm them in the microwave. Not super warm - nowhere near hot! - just kinda warm. Then drink.

It tastes like...that stuff filling up your colon, lol...but it works.

Stay close to a toilet and put a magazine in there. :)

To avoid constipation, drink water (not pop) and get regular exercise. Eat fiber.

If you've gone 5+ days without a poop, you're clinically constipated and should phone your doctor.

So glad you decided against the cleanse. I worry about people sometimes.

Good luck pooping!!!!!! :D
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in cleanses/detoxes at all, and I'm inclined to believe that my colon is always "unclean" because there's always poop in it....

But I'm going to leave you this recipe;
    http://www.howsweeteats.com/2013/05/cheesy-black-bean-stuffed-sweet-potatoes-with-arugula-poached-eggs/

It's a stuffed sweet potato, and it is loaded up with fiber and deliciousness. Eat that for dinner, drink plenty of fluids, and your colon will be hella cleansed.

Or at least that's what it did for me. It was pretty epic.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Just eat a box of dates.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Have a Poo - Colon then cleansed
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any tips on ways to do a colon cleanse without changing my diet drastically?

Most of the ones i've found online say that you shouldn't eat anything else other than the cleanse juice for 7-10 days. I really don't want to do that.

I just want a cleanse for my colon that comes in a tea or something that i can drink while still eating solid food.

Any suggestions?

Poop?

No silly, poop is what makes it dirty! :wink:
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options

Strong coffee helps too :smile:
  • levicrouch
    Options

Strong coffee helps too :smile:

I have heard anecdotally that potassium (K) also helps. Coconut water has a lot of potassium.
  • Peloton73
    Peloton73 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    NV Natural Calm (Magnesium Citrate) works for me. 2 teaspoons in a cup of boiling water twice a day. I don't use it so much as cleansing tool but it keeps me regular.

I had to drink a whole bottle of magnesium citrate once. Whoa, Nelly. That stuff will clean you out like nobody's business. You have to dedicate a whole night to the john.
  • healthproductinfo
    Options
    who said you have to starve yourself? try this herbal detox, http://www.mb104.com/lnk.asp?o=6675&c=918273&a=131147 has everything you need
  • lukewind
    lukewind Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Detox, Colon Cleansing, Colonic......all of these things are complete and total BS. Don't waste your time.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    If you are feeling kind of constipated and want to move thing along a bit, just eat several handfuls of almonds. The fat and fiber in them should move things along the next day.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    My reasons for wanting to do it are not for fat/weight loss but because of the side effects that having an "unclean" colon. It causes fatigue, sometimes pain, bloating, etc. I want to do it for health reasons and not for weight loss reasons

Is this advice from your doctor or an advertisement from an infomercial?

Or a Cosmo ad, maybe?

Cleanses are unnecessary and will not help you with fatigue, pain, bloating.

Unless she's doing it to relieve constipation. Which I would understand.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    4bar jet-washer should do it.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    NV Natural Calm (Magnesium Citrate) works for me. 2 teaspoons in a cup of boiling water twice a day. I don't use it so much as cleansing tool but it keeps me regular.

I had to drink a whole bottle of magnesium citrate once. Whoa, Nelly. That stuff will clean you out like nobody's business. You have to dedicate a whole night to the john.

Colonoscopy prep? Yup, that stuff will get you squeaky clean. (It had better, otherwise you have to do it again when they reschedule the procedure because you weren't clean enough)