NSV - Mommy, you're my superhero.

Options
This was me after my first baby back in January 2011
s3czmb.jpg
Between having my first and second child, both were the happiest moments of my life. They're simply amazing. A treasure worth more than anything else life had to offer.

When I chose to better myself, I'll admit I did so in selfish pursuit of some image I had conjured in my head. I've achieved more than I ever set out to because I picked a sustainable deficit during weight loss, fell in love with the strength of weightlifting and stuck it out, no matter what. I stopped comparing myself to others and instead focused on just bettering myself. I stopped searching for perfection and learned to love me for who I was.

Last year at the end of April...
sxy9ut.jpg

But today, filled my heart with so much joy. My eldest son asked what I was doing (one year old was down, 3 year old followed me to the garage). I told him I was lifting weights to be strong so that I could protect him and brother from bad guys (he's very into superheroes). His response. .."So you can be my superhero? " I couldn't help but smile.

To be my child's superhero....is beyond words
2wf4chs.jpg
2rrvtyp.jpg

I hope every mommy and daddy out there can be their child's superhero. Fitness related or not.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!