smoothie recipie

Options
hi,
I'm wanting to make smoothies for breakfast but I don't know how to do it as I've never done one before! Anyone got any good recipies I can steal?
Hannah x

Replies

• DTetz
    DTetz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    1 cup light soy milk
    1 cup fruit of your choice
    1 cup ice

YUM

I use frozen fruit mixes
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Same exact recipe I use. My soy milk is vanilla flavored and I used frozen berry medley (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries). Tasty!
    1 cup light soy milk
    1 cup fruit of your choice
    1 cup ice

YUM

I use frozen fruit mixes
  • gattigirl1
    Options
    1/2 cup O.J. (Trop 50)
    1/4 c. yogurt (i use greek)
    frozen strawberries (handful)
    splash of honey

Yummy,,,enjoy
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    yes..

1 cup ice
    i cup milk
    1 banana ( cut up)
    1 cup blueberries
    1 tsp of sugar ( optional)

First add the ice; then add the milk. into the blender after you add the milk add the cut up banana and then add the 1 cup of blue berries. then if you want you can add a little bit of sugar. then when you have all the ingredients you mix it in the blender until every thing is blended. and if you want you can add whatever protein powders or stuff like that.. but it tastes great.
  • bonnymom
    bonnymom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    1c frozen berries
    1c milk

OR

8 frozen strawberries - unsweetened
    1/2 med banana
    1c milk
  • hannahncakes
    Options
    Thank you all I will be trying some of these out real soon :)
  • Tipring
    Tipring Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was considering smoothies too. I am not a big breakfast person, so I thought I would break out the blender after years of being boxed away. I was always a strawberry, banana, and yogurt fan. I bought a smoothie receipe book about 12 years ago. I think I am going to start buying the frozen fruits and light yogurt! You can use yogurt instead of juices.
  • shapeupstephanie
    Options
    Tipring........ it's been 12 years since you have even thought about making a smoothi??? I guess I need to come over one morning and we can make some yummy smoothies LOL Talk to you later ;)
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I drink shakes most mornings. This is what I do but it is for 2 people because I make them for me and someone else:

1 banana
    1 cup dole frozen strawberries
    10-12 Blackberries or blueberries
    1/2 cup Milk
    1/2 cup tropicana 50% less calories/sugar pineapple Mango or Blueberry pomegranate juice
    2 Packets of Truvia (I use that because it is all natural and other sweeteners are not)

Blend and enjoy!

Makes enough for 2 so you can half that I guess or just save another one for later in a bottle.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    When I make them I usually do

Frozen blueberries or mixed berries
    a little ice
    scoop or two of vanilla whey protein powder
    1 cup skim milk
    yogurt
  • chrysnel
    Options
    My favourite smoothie is:

1/2 frozen banana (I cut bananas into chunks and put them in a baggie in the freezer and use 4 or 5 pieces at a time)
    1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (I like Almond Breeze - only 40 cals per cup)
    2 heaping tablespoons ground flax
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder (35-40 grams of protein)
    1 or 2 handfuls of fresh spinach (or however much I can jam into my magic bullet cup!)

It sounds gross with the spinach, but trust me, you CANNOT taste it! You get tons of vitamins and all the other benefits of spinach, without the taste - just the colour! It tastes like a chocolate banana smoothie! I didn't believe it either, I had to try it myself to believe it!
  • Tipring
    Tipring Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am so excited. Bought my stuff for smoothies for tomorrow. Plain yogurt, no fat milk, frozen strawberries, and frozen blueberries. I don't like adding juice to my smoothies. Just milk, yogurt and ice with the fruit!
  • lindajay3
    lindajay3 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    never thought of using soy or almond milk. . . plan on putting them on the grocery list this week. All the smoothies sound delicious; thanks for the ideas!!
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have some that are completely dairy free (as I can't eat dairy products) but if you use dairy, I'm sure you can substitute! These ones are really good!

True Blue Smoothie (1 to 2 servings)
    1 Medium Very Ripe Banana
    1Cup frozen blueberries
    1/2 to 1 cup plain/vanilla milk alternative
    1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    1 tbsp whole flax seeds (left whole or grind it up)
    1/2 cup packed baby spinach leaves
    Sweetener to Taste (honey, agave...)
    1/2 cup ice (optional)
    Mix it up until the green goes away and yum! Add ice if you want it frosty/slushy

Super C Smoothie
    1 Medium very ripe banana
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1/2 cup OJ
    1/2 cup ice (optional)

Blend it up and same goes for the ice on this one if you want a slushy smoothie
  • pieconspiracy
    Options
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
    1 tablespoon plain fat-free yogurt
    1/4 cup Oasis no sugar added blueberry pomegranate juice
    blend until smooth, then add:
    3/4 cup low fat soy milk (almond milk would work, too)
    blend for another 3-5 seconds, just until milk is added. Pour into a glass & enjoy! :)
    I find that the soy milk went really frothy when I added it from the start, since I blended it for a long time to get rid of the chunks of blueberry skins, so adding it at the end would probably prevent that.

I actually don't like banana, so I use pineapple in all of my smoothies instead. The yogurt makes it just a teenie bit creamier.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I need to try and make one of these before my workout. But mix some Whey Protein powder in there also.
  • LoniS
    LoniS Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    GREEN SMOOTHIE:

1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
    1 banana
    8 cubes of ice
    1 tablespoon honey
    1 cup kale or spinach
    1 tablespoon all-natural chocolate hazelnut butter
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I have a green smoothie every day. It varies depending on what fruit I have on hand but is typically about 3 ounces spinach, 1 cup 'Ish (140 grams when I measure) frozen strawberries, 2.65 ounces frozen pineapple, half an orange and half a banana. Lots of fruit and fiber and only natural sugars as I add no sweetener. I do vary the fruits using blueberries, mixed berries, peaches, etc depending on what's available. I don't do any protein powder or dairy in mine so I usually have a hard boiled egg with it. Since I raise my own chickens and know they don't have salmonella I will occasionally put a raw egg into my smoothie but you'd better be sure of your egg source if you do that.

Frozen Banana or frozen blueberries with cocoa powder, a pitted date for sweetening and a little bit of coffee are also really good if you need an "eye opener". :drinker:
  • pwprice59
    pwprice59 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am glad I found others that like a green smoothie. I don't typically mix fruit with my vegetables. I always use spinach, carrots and broccoli, sometimes add a whole beet or something else I can find on hand. I add flax seed mill and plain yogurt.

When I make a fruit smoothie, it is mostly all fruit, with flax seed mill and again plain yogurt.