New here, not new to trying to get fit.

Options
Hey! I've been trying to lose weight since I was 16 but I've failed every single time! Its hard when everyone I'm surrounded with either doesn't understand what its like to be over weight or doesn't think you can lose it. I want to get fit to feel great, and looking good is just a bonus. I need some friends, a support team that won't feel like its going to cave in around me. Help me out and I can help you! (:

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Here's some help:

Going vegan when you have had issues losing weight eating a "regular" diet will just make things harder.
  • vball1121
    vball1121 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) do you use Facebook? I've been thinking about making a challenge group on there since I can check it more often and get notified there.
  • tayyloor13
    Options
    Eating clean has always been a problem for me. That (and keeping motivated after a long period of time to work out everyday) is usually what gets me in the end. So I thought eating vegan would help me reach my goals of eating healthier.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Eating clean has always been a problem for me. That (and keeping motivated after a long period of time to work out everyday) is usually what gets me in the end. So I thought eating vegan would help me reach my goals of eating healthier.

It wont. It's just as easy to eat crappy food as a vegan. For some, more so because it's easy to eat the junk food than real food.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Whenever I'm working towards getting in shape, my family forms one of two opinions:

1) I'm on drugs.
    2) I have an eating disorder.

Heavens forbid I say no to pancakes.

Anyways, you can add me.
  • tayyloor13
    Options
    Agreed! My younger sister had an eating disorder as well and it ended badly. I just want to do it right to a) prove it can be done and its not just a friend of a friend of a friend who did it and b) just generally feel better.