Bread Pizza's

Options
This is something my Mom used to make us as kids, and we always loved it!
So, this is what I made for supper tonight! You can adjust it to fit your tastes/caloric intake....

BREAD PIZZA

2 slices Sara Lee 100% whole wheat bread-Soft & Smooth---140 calories
1/4 cup Ragu Homemade Style Pizza Sauce--30 calories
1/2 cup Kraft Natural Shredded Cheese- Mozzarella Low-Moisture, Part Skim--160 calories
6 slices Hormel Original Pepperoni--60 calories

Preheat oven to 375 F
1.) Toast bread
2.) Place toast slices on greased cookie sheet
3.) Spread sauce on bread (split 1/4 cup evenly between the two pieces of toast)
4.) Top each piece of toast with 1/4 cup cheese and 3 slices of pepperoni
5.) Bake in oven at 375 F for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted...

Add some steamed broccoli (I like Birdseye Steamed Broccoli) and you've got a filling fun meal!
Even my two-year old and US Marine Husband can eat this! (Each person can adapt the pizzas to their liking)

Total Calories (Without broccoli)--390 calories
Total Calories (With Steamed broccoli-1 cup)--420 calories

Replies

• Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I use a similar recipe and LOVE it since pizza is my fav food. Instead of the bread, I use Thomas' 100% Whole Wheat English Muffins. Instead of the pizza sauce, which may have sugar in it, I use Tomato Paste. Can mix up all different kinds of healthy toppings from broccoli, turkey pepperoni, ham, pineapple & more. YUM Feels like you are cheating when you're not! I can eat 2 entire english muffin pizzas for about 450 calories :) Very filling and yummy!
  • usmcpatience
    Options
    My mom used to use English Muffins (or bagels) growing up, but I only had the bread on hand tonight. I also sometimes use store-bought flatbreads, but, again...Only had the bread tonight.
  • buffalorain
    buffalorain Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Dear USMCPatience,
    Thank you, your husband and your family for your sacrifice and service to our country! My brother in law just got home from his 3rd tour in Afghanistan. NASTY 618, household 6!
  • mrniceguy84
    mrniceguy84 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Love it. Thanks for this...