DONUTS or VEGGIES?!?

Options
SO I have a question...... I'm completely lost on certain things such as macros, weight lifting and list goes on but I am very curious to know IF i have for example 300 calories left for my day can I use them by eating a donut or by eating veggies?? Either way I'd be consuming 300 calories... & why or how does it make a difference?? THANKS in advance.

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Just eat the freaking donut if you want a donut.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    If u have met ur needed macros. Then pick how u want to use those remaining calories. If it is donut. Do the donut
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Depends on what the rest of my day looked like. If i hit my numbers for protein, fat, carbs, and fiber then by all meansI would have the donut. If I didn't I would be like "close enough" and still eat the donut.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Both. :wink:
  • drey0422
    drey0422 Posts: 39
    Options
    If u have met ur needed macros. Then pick how u want to use those remaining calories. If it is donut. Do the donut

How do I know if I met my macros when i don't know what that is, I've asked before and it has been explained but i forget.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't worry about macros very much. If it's the end of the day and I can pick between a donut and veggies, the only difference it will make that I care about is hunger. If I have power lifted I'm more likely to be ravenous with only 300 cals left at the end of the day. Veggies are a better choice since I will get to eat a large volume. If I have mostly been on my butt all day and I'm not that hungry but oooooo donut, I will have the donut.

I mostly have treats when I end up under my calories for the day. The world doesn't end if you come in at "only" 19% protein for the day.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Just eat the freaking donut if you want a donut.
    Hangry? *hands donut*
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

How do I know if I met my macros when i don't know what that is, I've asked before and it has been explained but i forget.

Macros are macro-nutrients - protein, fat, and carbohydrates. Macros are what make up your calorie goal for the day (a gram of protein has 4 calories, a gram of carbohydrates has 4 calories, and a gram of fat has 9 calories).

Some people eat to meet their macro requirements (for instance, my protein goal is 106g per day), and some people simply eat to meet their calorie goal every day (my calorie goal is 1700). I do my best to hit my protein goal while staying within my calories for the day.

Meeting your macros can be beneficial in keeping you full and satisfied throughout the day, and it can also be important if you have specific fitness goals in mind (like retaining or gaining muscle mass), but it is not necessary for weight loss.

So if you're at the end of your day with calories to spare, and you really want a donut, have the donut. :smile:
  • drey0422
    drey0422 Posts: 39
    Options

Macros are macro-nutrients - protein, fat, and carbohydrates. Macros are what make up your calorie goal for the day (a gram of protein has 4 calories, a gram of carbohydrates has 4 calories, and a gram of fat has 9 calories).

Some people eat to meet their macro requirements (for instance, my protein goal is 106g per day), and some people simply eat to meet their calorie goal every day (my calorie goal is 1700). I do my best to hit my protein goal while staying within my calories for the day.

Meeting your macros can be beneficial in keeping you full and satisfied throughout the day, and it can also be important if you have specific fitness goals in mind (like retaining or gaining muscle mass), but it is not necessary for weight loss.

So if you're at the end of your day with calories to spare, and you really want a donut, have the donut. :smile:

Thanks again :)