Snacking- Advice.

Hi! I am in need of advice when it comes to finding snacks that satisfy for low calories. Do you have any recommendations of low calorie snacks that I can eat or drink that will keep me full? I often eat out of boredom so any snacks that I can eat will be great :)
Thanks!

Replies

• Rmfowler1990
    Rmfowler1990 Posts: 83 Member
    I love the salted almonds chocolate coconut kashi bars. High in protein and the perfect sweet and salty combination and only 140 calories!
  • Oh great idea!! Thank you! :)
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    peanut butter and rice cake, protein shakes, protein bar (my favorite is think thin), vanilla yogurt with strawberries and blueberries
  • catb58
    catb58 Posts: 239 Member
    I like cherry tomatoes or frozen grapes as a snack.
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Fresh sugar snap peas, lightly salted pop-corn (I like boom-chicka-pop), a hard boiled egg with some cucumber slices and grape tomatoes, or my all-time go-to: a banana.
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Oh- I forgot- greek yogurt. Lots of protein not too many calories and keeps me satisfied. I get plain and drizzle a little pure maple syrup. YUM.
  • psychofairy25
    psychofairy25 Posts: 128 Member
    I'm a big fan of fruit as a snack It's high fiber to make you full low calories example
    one apple is 65 cal a cup,one cup of strawberries is 50 cal
    I also like Greek yogurt (dannon light and fit is 80 cal a cup)
    as well as low salt ritz and laughing cow light cheese wheels total 75cal
    raw veges are good too if you like them with a little light ranch
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Fruit. Strawberries are the most filling of what I like.

Nature Valley Crunchy Granola bars. They come two to a package, but one is quite filling. If you haven't tried them, get a box. You may be very surprised to find out just how filling those things are! (The cinnamon ones are pretty cinnamonny, so if you don't care for it, avoid those, lol.). One bar and a quarter cup of raisins and I'm good for quite a while. :)

Rice cakes are good for nibbling when you want crunch with few calories.

Lettuce and salsa. I save the white, crunchy parts of the head just for this. Like no calories, very tasty and kinda/sorta filling...it's something, anyway.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Make a smoothie
    Cottage Cheese
    Boiled Eggs
    Fruit
    Chopped up carrots, cucumber with hummus
    Peanut butter
    Nuts
    Slices of chicken/ham/turkey - Meats
    Make a juice
    Protein Bars
    Protein Shakes
    Cereal bars - Low calories (100)
    Danio Yoghurts - Love those - Or fage greek yoghurts
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    stop eating out of boredom... take up a hobby or something so you're not bored!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Bump