Starting Over For The LAST TIME

Options
I'm Ami. I'm a 19 y/o college student and I've been trying to get fit FOREVER!! I was a really chubby kid and I dealt with a lot of bullying. Towards the end of elementary school I got a lot more active and started to even out a bit, but I was still on the chubby side. I've remained active, I played soccer and softball in high school and I've been cheering since the 7th grade. I currently cheer for my Universities competitive cheer team and I love it. Cheer is amazing and it's really important to me, but i've always felt like my weight holds be back.

I am really looking to get FIT (for real) this year. In the past I've lost weight but i always end up gaining some of it back. My heaviest weight was during y junior year of high school I was 168 lbs (I'm 5'4). I didn't realize how big I was until I started seeing pictures of myself and realized that I needed to change things. Since then I've been on a roller coaster ride of weight loss and I'm ready to finally ready to get off. Last school year I got very serious about my health and dropped all the way to 132, I was extremely proud of myself, but I ended up gaining around 6 lbs during exam period.

I got back on my grind but the stress of moving between home and school and not having as much access to the food and gym that I was used to made it really difficult for me. I gained around 10 lbs this summer :cry: . I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to maintain all of the progress that I'd made. I'm around 148 now, and although that's still 20 lbs down from my heaviest weight I want and need to do better.

Sooooo.. To wrap this all up I'm here looking to start over for the last time so that I can get to a place where I'm happy and healthy and stay there!! I really feel like I need a support buddy that has similar goals or has been through this before so that i have someone to help keep me motivated and accountable.

Replies

• sheahughes
    sheahughes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work - knowing there is an issue is the start of solving the problem!

I look forward to watching your progress and cheering you on.
  • choosing_fitness
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from!!! Feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Starting over for the last time because you're going to succeed this time :) You can do it!!
  • staceyjones85
    staceyjones85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We've all been there! You can absolutely do this... and you'll have the best friends you've never met to cheer you on!