Today is my loss-a-versary. 80 lbs gone in a year

Options

Replies

• GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Wow...You look FABULOUS!!! Congrats on such an achievement !
  • JerseyChic76
    JerseyChic76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thank you for sharing your story.
  • glow77enil
    glow77enil Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look great. Thanks for sharing your story. You give us the motivation to not give up.
  • jsherrill0613
    jsherrill0613 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this with us! You look great! I can not weight to get there myself! I can't wait to wear white pants again! haha!
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wow, Fantastic, you look fabulous, Congrats!
  • renee6515
    renee6515 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    May I ask what your height is? Also did you just count calories? What was your daily calorie goal(s)? If you exercised, what did you do? I ask because I'm 237 now (was 267)and I can't seem to get scale moving lately. Your second before pic looks a lot like me so I'm hoping I can be you in a year! Lol
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic result. You must have put the work in so you deserve it. Well done
  • Metcalf1690
    Metcalf1690 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You are rocking it!! A job well done!! Congrats!
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    May I ask what your height is? Also did you just count calories? What was your daily calorie goal(s)? If you exercised, what did you do? I ask because I'm 237 now (was 267)and I can't seem to get scale moving lately. Your second before pic looks a lot like me so I'm hoping I can be you in a year! Lol

Hiya

If the scales haven't moved for a while you are not in deficit. I would suggest..

1) book accurately everything you eat
    2) book accurately everything you do.
    3) Try and hit your macros

If you are doing this and you are still not losing then something you are doing is not accurate - most probably calories burned because the food is pretty accurate. Just cut another 500 per day and you should start loosing again

Good luck
  • SandyvanThin
    SandyvanThin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well done, your an inspiration..
  • renee6515
    Options
    @davert123: scooby workshop shows I can eat 1900 calories and lose but that freaked me out and I set MFP to 1500. I'm questioning my accuracy for food, I have a feeling I'm underestimating portions but figured even if I was over 1500 I was still prob under the 1900 and would be okay....appparently I'm wrong. I started walking more about 2 weeks ago so I'm hoping that helps too, not weighing in until Monday so we will see. The only other thing I'm questing is my salt intake, it's always way over what it should be and I don't even log all the actual table salt I add on my own, which is a lot. Im still learning and NOT giving up! Any thoughts on my calories?
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options

5'5", age 37, yes I just counted calories and exercised.
    I have changed my calorie goals a few times. Sometimes I eat at tdee minus 20%, sometimes I eat what mfp gives me plus about half of my exercise calories back. Basicly I guess I eat anywhere in the 1400-1700 range. Depends. I see better results when I fluctuate high and low calorie days.

Exercise is mostly walking. I started out just walking around my neighborhood, then my husband pointed out a walking path and I gradually worked up to walking the entire way and back (round trip of 4 miles), I walk the bridge. I used to drive to the bridge then walk, now I just walk there. Its about five miles the whole trip. I also swim at our pool. I swam more when I first started out. I also joined a gym but lately haven't been going on the days I walk for like three hours. I recently discovered the city provides free bikes to loan out so I have done that a few times. (its fun) I just try new ways to be active. I would rather be out in nature than a restaurant or bar so that is what I always suggest when the hubby asks me what I want to do.

yes it can be you in a year for sure. I have had many times when the scale stopped moving. It usually coincided with me losing around twenty pounds or so. WHat I did and am doing currently is up my activity and make sure my diet stays basic and clean as possible. My body seems to get used to my exercise routine so when it starts to get easy or I am not sweating as much I push myself further or add more time or distance. THat is why I am up to five to six miles a day now and do like three or so days of biking or swimming or gymtime on top of that. I get up super early to get it done and to beat the Florida heat. Be patient and keep at it. Next year you will be posting your success story. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options

Hiya

If the scales haven't moved for a while you are not in deficit. I would suggest..

1) book accurately everything you eat
    2) book accurately everything you do.
    3) Try and hit your macros

If you are doing this and you are still not losing then something you are doing is not accurate - most probably calories burned because the food is pretty accurate. Just cut another 500 per day and you should start loosing again

Good luck

great advice. I agree with the calories burned part totally. don't always trust what mfp says you burned. unless you have a heart rate monitor like fitbit or jawbone then you don't know if its accurate. this is why I try to eat only half back.

maybe try upping the calories half way up like to at least 1600. I think I was at 1600 or so when I first started out. if you think you are adding too much salt then try to stop using the shaker and use a tsp or half tsp to measure out what you may use. This way you can see how much you are using. I don't personally track macros but I am pretty sure my sodium intake in low now that I keep the meals basic as I can. Don't give up, its a learning process. Lots of trial and error. Don't forget time of month and ovulation also affect weightloss. This is why I also track my cycle on a windows 8 app.
  • lifestyle8change
    Options
    Congratulations to you and happy anniversary to you
  • renee6515
    Options
    @findingamy: thanks for the advise, I hope to get up to more miles walking like you. Right now I'm walking 1.6 miles a day. It's all I have time for, I do it on my breaks at work. I'm trying to figure out a way to add more. I think right now I'm going to concentrate on logging better, Esp on weekends. I do good during week but like you mentioned maybe I need to increase cals a bit. That scares me so we will see.. Thanks for taking the time to answer me..you look awesome so fingers crossed ill get there! :)
  • EvelynR1967
    EvelynR1967 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look AMAZING!!!!!!!!
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    you look awesome! keep it up girl
  • librarydebster
    librarydebster Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Whoa! Way to go! You made an amazing transformation. That's a lot of hard work and seeing you so slender now makes me realize how much more I can accomplish.
  • nancytyc
    nancytyc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your post. It gives us something to look forward to. Great Job.
  • dogluvr_2014
    dogluvr_2014 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 80 lbs. lost and your 1 year anniversary. Your story inspires us and give us hope. Keep up the great work. You've got this!!! God Bless!!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!