How often do you weigh yourself?

Replies

• Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    I weigh in daily, but I'm comfortable with the daily ups and downs of water retention varying the weights. If that's an issue, then once a week or even once a month is a better choice.

^This sums it up for me.
  • A while back I read a book called "Make Shi(f)t Happen" by Dean Dwyer. In it he talks about the three traits most people with successful weight loss share. One of those traits was weighing in every morning. Although the author does not recommend doing this I still do. I don't document my weight daily however as it does go up and down. Instead I document weekly. Still I like to see where my start point is daily as I find it helps motivate me to eat clean and stay on track.
  • johncarrjr
    johncarrjr Posts: 3 Member
    Every morning, right after I get out of the shower. Its weird, sometimes I'll weigh myself in the morning, after using the rest room, and then after the shower, and after the shower, I sometimes weigh less. you'd think you'd weigh more.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    I weight myself every morning, write it down then forget it. I only count it on Thursday mornings. My weight fluctuates throughout the week so I know it will go up and down but I am a scale addict so I got tired of fighting it. Plus it helps me to stay on track and I really like seeing it go down .2 or so a day when I been hitting it hard on exercise and eating right. I just don't let it get me down or up until weigh in day.
  • I typically weigh a few times a week, but I only record Monday mornings weigh in. I think that a large portion of me packing on an additional 40 pounds in the past three years is the fact that I didn't weigh for a long time. I avoided the scale like the plague and I don't think I realized (even though my clothes were telling me) just how much weight was stacking up. I am more conscious if I weigh more often.
  • It's natural for a woman's weight to fluctuate daily. I go by clothes and skip the scale.
  • nicoleromine
    nicoleromine Posts: 92 Member
    I weigh every 3 or 4 days. More importantly, I measure and take pictures once a month!
  • Harunan
    Harunan Posts: 22 Member
    Previously once a week, now once a day.
  • AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    I like to weigh in daily to see the fluctuations, it's pretty neat to me.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Once a day in the morning. Sodium intake causes huge variations for me so I try to track it closely. I officially log my weight once a week from my TOPS meetings on Thursdays.
  • I have always weighed myself everyday and it always frustrated me because weight can vary day to day. I found that it was too much and didn't motivate me. So now I am trying to weigh myself once a week. I have found so far that it motivates me to keep going everyday without any stress over the scale.
    I also think it would be more rewarding to see the change made in a week than just one day to day!
  • For myself, i weigh and take measurements (skinfold, and body measurements) every Saturday (or Sunday if i miss Saturday). I believe the scale is only part of the story. What I really care about is that I have less measured fat over time and am smaller in size.

As an example: On 3/8/2014 i weighed 192.2 and an estimated BF% 19%. On 4/5/2014 i weighed 193.0 and an estimated BF% 17. While i gained almost a pound of scale weight i actually lost 3.7 pounds of fat. Additionally, I lost .375 inches overall my body

If I were to judge my success over that 4-5 week period based solely on scale weight I might have presumed that my diet wasn't working (assuming i wanted to lose weight and not maintain), but in fact it was working as best i could hope for.
  • shemoves
    shemoves Posts: 11 Member
    I weigh myself 5 times a day when I'm obsessing... just to make sure I actually lost that pound! But sometimes I go months without weighing myself and that's when I gain weight!

I hear that your body reflects what you did the previous week. So your weight today is actually from what you did from last week. I don't know if it's true but it actually makes sense.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    This is what I just put in the other topic :

I weigh myself whenever I want, sometimes I do it once a week sometimes I'll do it everyday. It's always after I wake up and pee. I use my wiifit board (literally the only thing I use my wii for :laugh:) and I do it nude that way I know for sure what I weigh. My clothes vary in weight.
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    I know its kinda nuts, but I weigh myself twice a day. I think it is fascinating the difference between morning and night. I also have 10 pound incremental goals, I count the loss when I see it at night. if I don't look at it daily I find it easy to get off base. crazy or smart? It is different for each or us
  • Bayani1091
    Bayani1091 Posts: 8 Member
    Morning usually on some days (Not every day)
    or after I take a dump. (seriously)
  • firststepformefal
    firststepformefal Posts: 180 Member
    I'm a little different it seems from everyone here. I get weighed twice a week, once at TOPS on Monday and once at Curves on Friday.
  • I didn't weigh myself for 2 weeks after I started and I lost 2lb I've weighed myself since then about a week ago and I'm back where I started. But I know bloating for me adds an extra few kilos. I just wait until I'm feeling light.
  • JudithVerhappen
    JudithVerhappen Posts: 18 Member
    Once a week! I visit a WeightWatchers course every wednesdayevening, and that is my time!!

I know it's very tempting to weigh more often, but there are so many factors that have an influence on your weight that I get really frustrated if I weigh myself more often. Once a week gives me a steady idea of the direction in which I'm heading. Sometimes I can't stand the temptation though, and I weigh myself on those times also (although I usually forget what the scale said in those moments)
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    I don't have specific day for weighing myself. Sometimes once a week, sometimes every other day.