Where does fat leave first?

Options
when your losing weight, what part of the body loses the fat first?

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    It depends on the person I think.. for me it's my extremities first and then moving towards the centre of my body.. so calves and lower arms. Oh then my abs and then upper leg, upper arms and butt. So not exactly from extremities to centre but close to it.
  • prencesskl
    Options
    i was always told for women its your chest
  • kacka68
    kacka68 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If you're a girls, it's almost always the boobs!
  • Nataliethin81
    Options

Yep, that's where I've been losing it. I'm ok with that though!
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    There is a good rule for this actualy. Wherever you have the most excess fat on your body is probably the first place to lose any!
  • GabrielMaestas
    GabrielMaestas Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The first place you gain it is the last place you lose it and vice-versa...
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    well I'll tell ya... it certainly isn't in my butt! Hit the 21 pound mark today, lost four inches in my waist, and a mere 1.5 inches in my hips!!! TRIED to find a pair of dress pants today... ahhh what choice do I have but to laugh?
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My boobs were so the first thing to go, it almost made me want to stop loosing weight! LOL Then it was arms/calves, and onward to the trouble zones for me, belly/hips/upper thighs
  • Redkoala
    Redkoala Posts: 146
    Options
    You cant burn fat from a certain place, for example your tummy. Your body choices where it takes it from. So saying that everyone is different and will loose it from certain places before others. I lost alot in my face and shoulders at first.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    It's normally face and arms for me first.. possibly legs followed by midsection. Not sure, I haven't really made it far enough before to see. :\
  • lahard0
    lahard0 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Looks like there are lots of thoughts here but I have always read that you "fat" spots will usually be the last to go. For example, I carry in my thighs. I lose everywhere else first and SLOWLY it comes off of the thighs. On a side note- they say that if you carry it in either your stomach or hips/thighs-- you will usually lose it in that place last. Kind of sucks but keeps you working hard to get those results!
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Options
    In the past for me, it seems like it has always been last place to gain, first place to lose - I'm only a little over 10lbs down and can see it a bit in my face and belly (thank goodness!!)
  • Annersbike
    Options
    I always see it in my face first then from my chest then the rest of the body kinda does what it wants from there. :O)
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Oops.. silly internet made me double post.
  • gtfosnorlax
    Options

Yep, that's where I've been losing it. I'm ok with that though!

Me too. I'M NOT OK WITH IT! :( Lol.
  • boardedney
    boardedney Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ha! So true.
  • boardedney
    boardedney Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It really does depend on the person....your metabolism and build. I melt from the face down. So for a while, I look all skinny in the face and have no boobs...then my stomach get's nice a flat but my butt and hips are still enormous until I finally get down to like 120/125. One of my good friends loses in her legs and butt first. Her boobs are huge and never go anywhere. And poor thing, her tummy is the last to go...She has to get soooo skinny, like too skinny to lose her tummy.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    when your losing weight, what part of the body loses the fat first?

Ask your mom. No, really. I think everyone is bit different person to person but I know that many people who follow how their mothers and grandmothers lose tend to be the same. I know that I am just like my mom in the way I lose. First boobs, last thighs.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I just went smaller around the chest. I was a DD46 to a DD38. And then my face and shoulders. Until you look down and see my stomach. Ohhhhh how much I hate my stomach. And because of my stomach I have to wear a larger size in shirts. So I think its the last to go. Sure wont be sorry to see that go. or I hope it do go and leave for good.
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    very true!
    The first place you gain it is the last place you lose it and vice-versa...