Stuck in a rut!!!

Options
Help!! I feel stuck in a rut! I have lost 17lbs (on my fitness pal), 29lbs since changing my eating habits, and I am 39lbs down from my highest weight. I feel really stuck lately and I am having trouble keeping on track!! Any words of wisdom to help get back on track?!?!?

Replies

• Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Ho so,familiar happening now to me too--I keep loosing and gaining back same 5 lbs. lost for last few months I initially lost 25 and I have another 40 to go! My rut is helped by reading these posts-everyone says keep going -this too will past- it must be true look at all the successes happening. normal everyday people making their dream of better health come true-it is possible. Add a new idea for exercising or try a new menu item, new daily task ...my new thing is 30 day squat challenge starting tomorrow-maybe if I focus on something else other than the number going down on the scale well then maybe the number will go down or inches or both! I asked some friends at work who I know are into exercise ( unfortunately I am not but hey it good for me so am trying) I think I can do this challenge because I've proven that I can track daily calories and never would have believed that tenacity could be done -- so think of something you've been wondering about or interested in and do it--see if a new type of goal or a change will jump start you out of the rut--wish I could be more helpful but seriously I am there with you and just starting to try to pull out of it and never give up.."...
  • Wildalabama
    Options
    When this happens to me i like to have a fresh start- both physically and mentally! For example, i might buy a new journal to write my goals in, re-adjust my routine, start a weekly yoga class... Just change something in ur life that can symbolise a new beginning in ur life! (This is only my second day here) but it is such an inspiration to see how far u have come (17lbs is HEAPS)... So u gotta look at the posatives!!! Good luck :) love alabama xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!