1200 limit help!

My daily calories I should be having is 1200, although I ate 200 more then I should have today I'm just not staying full on the amount I'm eating and I feel low on energy. Can anyone please give me some advice on my topic? thanks

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    what are your stats?
  • NicoleLawrence98
    NicoleLawrence98 Posts: 53 Member
    is that my weight and that, if so i weigh 55kg /110lb and im 5'1
  • TavistockToad

:huh:

and you want to lose weight because...!?
  • NicoleLawrence98
    because I want to not be flabby, and be fitter and healthier. I'm not asking for comments like that.
  • lilylux
    lilylux Posts: 109 Member

:huh:

and you want to lose weight because...!?

This. I'm the same height and 140 pounds :/
  • TavistockToad
    because I want to not be flabby, and be fitter and healthier. I'm not asking for comments like that.

focusing on the scales wont really help with 'flabby' though.

look into resistance/strength training. make sure you're eating enough protein. a deficit of 0.5lb per week is sufficient, in fact you will probably see changes eating at mantenance.

just eating 1200 cals wont do much good.
  • NicoleLawrence98
    yous are getting of the topic that i asked for.
  • NicoleLawrence98
    thanks
  • OldSportOldsport
    OldSportOldsport Posts: 275 Member
    Losing weight at that size isn't going to make you less flabby. Building a little bit of muscle and toning up is what will make you look lean and taut. I'd consider changing your exercise routines - perhaps to include weights.
  • TavistockToad
    yous are getting of the topic that i asked for.

yes, and theres a reason for that if you actually read the responses...
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    How long have you been on this diet? You need to give it some time (weeks).

Try eating foods that are less energy dense (more bulk per calorie) - so your stomach will be fuller for less energy. Drink more water (seems to work for me)
  • rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    because I want to not be flabby, and be fitter and healthier.

Strength train to try and build lean muscle to tone your physique. 1500 calories isn't a huge amount of calories.
  • NicoleLawrence98
    Im not anorexic, I have almost a double chin, thighs that rub together and a fat stomach and hips so I'm losing a little bit like 2 kilos plus toning exercises to get rid of it. Trust me , Iv done my homework.
  • NicoleLawrence98
    of course I'm not when people are going to be negative about things and talk about something that's not about my topic. But thanks!
  • NicoleLawrence98
    Did you see my description what I meant by flabbyness? I don't think Ill loose double chin, thighs etc just by doing toning exercises . As Iv'e said I have done my homework. Thanks again :)
  • michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    Protein helps with the overall feeling of fullness because it digests slower. Try to incorporate higher protein snacks and make sure it's with every meal.

That said:

Please, please be careful. I see your goal is to lose 11 lbs which will put you on the line between normal weight and underweight, and if you don't have the muscle tone I'm not so sure you'll be happy with what you see in the mirror. Body recomposition will help you get the lean look you want.

Just had to make sure you are aware that you'll be tettering at under a healthy weight if you drop 11 lbs. This is not coming from any sort of a judgmental place at all; it's simply out of concern.
  • TavistockToad
    Did you see my description what I meant by flabbyness? I don't think Ill loose double chin, thighs etc just by doing toning exercises . As Iv'e said I have done my homework. Thanks again :)

you quite obviously havent 'done your homework' when you make comments like that. :noway:
  • helsbelshms
    helsbelshms Posts: 93 Member
    Please listen to what you're being told, these people have personal experience and a lot of knowledge. It's amazing the difference just toning up can do, eat more (including protein) and do some strength training. At your weight you will not see differences immediately, but it will work and you won't be hungry all the time. Please remember that you're not overweight, you don't need to lose weight you just need to reduce the fat and replace it with muscle mass.
  • carlyd333
    carlyd333 Posts: 26 Member
    My daily calories I should be having is 1200, although I ate 200 more then I should have today I'm just not staying full on the amount I'm eating and I feel low on energy. Can anyone please give me some advice on my topic? thanks

You've just given yourself the answer in your question...

Listen to your body. Your not eating enough calories. I am also 5" 1 so I know the healthy BMI for that height is 97.9 lbs - 132.3 lbs. So your well within the healthy weight range anyway. As everyone else has stated you need to tone. Not lose weight.
  • albearcamoo
    albearcamoo Posts: 39 Member
    Hey there, I know where you're coming from as I'm 5'3 and when I was at 107lbs I still felt fat and flabby. These guys have really given you the best advice, up your protein, strength train and you should gradually start to see some results. The 'flabby' feeling really fuelled my eating disorder at the time, even though I definitely wasn't fat per se. This sort of 'skinny fat' comes from eating little and not doing proper exercise.

Don't be afraid of upping your calories a bit too, in your position I think it's fine to. Stop looking at the scales and start looking at measurements. Lifting does wonders for your body, trust me :flowerforyou: