1200 limit help!

Options
2»

Replies

• hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    If i was you i'd eat more. You must have it set to losing quite a lot of weight for it to set it as 1200. Make sure you eat your calories back that you exercise. :) 1200 is very little.
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    See threads like this irritate me and give the "1200 diet" a bad rep because it is being misused.
    I am currently on the "1200 plus exercise diet" because I'm currently leading as sedentary lifestyle as I can (I'm on holiday). When I get back to work I'll go back to being lightly active and it'll increase my base line to around 1400(note I said base line not BMR).
    I am 5ft2.5. I am 148.5lbs and I want to get down to 126lbs. (22.5lbs to lose).

Being 5ft1, 110lbs, and eating 1200 to get rid of 'flabbiness' is just well frankly dumb. Let's just take thigh rub. I don't suffer from that never have, even at my heaviest of 173.5lbs. Sure weight will be one factor, but it isn't the only thing. Talking to my friends we agreed things like gait, hip/leg placement and how sweaty you are also comes into effect. One of my size 10 (UK) friends says she has to use Vaseline. She does not need to lose weight. You have been given answers on how to get rid of your flabbiness. Surely that was the point of this thread?
  • Lozibeth
    Lozibeth Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise and if you do are you eating back your calories?

I'm also 5'1" and 120lbs and I use the TDEE method and eat a fixed 1500 cals everyday plus 5 x per week exercise. I'm losing approx 0.5lbs per week which is recommended when you have <10lbs to lose.

At 110lbs you don't NEED to lose more weight as you're in the healthy range but of course it's entirely up to you and how you feel. My goal is 115lbs and then I want to focus on body recomp like a lot of people are recommending to you.

I would suggest you increase your calories if you're struggling on 1200...I've been there and done that and there's really no point in making yourself miserable when you can lose at a slightly slower pace by eating more. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    because I want to not be flabby, and be fitter and healthier. I'm not asking for comments like that.

focusing on the scales wont really help with 'flabby' though.

look into resistance/strength training. make sure you're eating enough protein. a deficit of 0.5lb per week is sufficient, in fact you will probably see changes eating at mantenance.

just eating 1200 cals wont do much good.

This...

to get rid of "flab" you need to keep muscle mass as you lose weight and since you really don't need to lose anymore weight you need to concentrate on losing fat and keeping muscle.

To do that you need to eat food, lots of protien and do a progressive load lifting program...these are not "toning" exercises.

It doesn't happen quickly tho so you have to be paitent...and you have to eat more than 1200 calories...
  • Bluemints1
    Bluemints1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ignoring all of this negativity from what everybody else is saying i'd say that instead of focusing TOO much on restricting your calories, and more on the exercise. Though you are unhappy with it, your weight is still good, but the main aim is to tone up and tighten your body more so than being "anorexic" as people seem to think.
    I'd say your calorie limit is too low, so i'd give myself a bit more lenience if i were you, but if decide you are sticking to the 1200, you can earn yourself more calories by doing more exercise :)

So for me, i'm on 1200 calories a day and if it comes to dinner time and i haven't quite got enough calories to let me have a little bit extra food, i eat the food and will go over my 1200, but then later on i will go for a bike ride or a long walk and burn off another 200-300 calories :) it's really easy to do once you get into the swing of it!

Also, because you have a light starting weight, on top of cardio exercising, try doing a lot of strength training exercises that focus on toning up the body :)

Good luck!
  • MissFlawed
    MissFlawed Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Listen to the people who have more experience than you.
    Wisdom is to know when to stop being stubborn.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    What's the point in asking for advice if you are just going to get snippy when people give it?

Jus' sayin....
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    is that my weight and that, if so i weigh 55kg /110lb and im 5'1

that's my goal weight and same height.

I say do strength training, looking to tone rather than lose weight
  • sabaraba
    sabaraba Posts: 42
    Options
    Did you see my description what I meant by flabbyness? I don't think Ill loose double chin, thighs etc just by doing toning exercises . As Iv'e said I have done my homework. Thanks again :)

Well, if you've done your homework, you shouldn't need to ask for advise, right?
    So, again, strength training is the key.