Belly Dancer Fighting the Bulge

Options
I have just realised myfitnesspal has forums, so I thought I'd write a little post and introduce myself.

I'm Vicky, 25, female, belly dancer and looking to shift over 50 lbs! For the first few months of my weight loss journey I'll also be doing a sponsored slim in aid of WaterAid (info here: http://www.justgiving.com/Victoria-Eaves) so that should give me extra motivation!

Any other belly dancers on here?

I'm also on the lookout for some great home workouts as I don't have a gym membership. I'm only two weeks in and have done minimal exercise, so I would like to get moving!

Vicky :)

Replies

• LauferMadchen7772
    Options
    Hi Vicky. I am a retired belly dancer looking to loose about 30 more lbs. Trying to connect with others on here to share tips and inspire each other. Erika (dance name Safi)
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi Vicky! I would love to connect! Add me if you like.
  • 00Allie00
    00Allie00 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hi there, dance instructor who has lost 70 lbs and is trying to lose 20 more. I would love more dancing friends :)
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    what about aspiring belly dancers? :)
  • Victorianna88
    Options
    Aspiring, retired and non-dancers all welcome! Would be nice to share some tips and motivation!

What are you all doing to achieve your weight loss goals? It's only my second week and I've currently just cut my calories back to 1200 but I'm not doing any exercise! Would love any tips on this and whether I need to up my calories.

Also, what do you all think about having a "cheat day" to kickstart your metabolism? MY husband and I currently have a pizza night on Fridays, but it''s always thin crust and I stay within my calories for the day so it's hardly a cheat... In two minds!
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm a belly dancer from the UK :) I'm not logging my food at the mo as I only have a few pounds to go (struggling to maintain) but I'm certainly watching what I eat. Feel free to add me! X