Change in Plans?Help Please.

Options
So I've been trying to change my work out routines to try and find the right one that will jumpstart my weight loss because I have reached another plateau for a few months. I just recently started to do Les Mills BodyPump and Insanity classes 2/3 nights a week at my gym on top of still going to the gym regularly 3 days a week for weight lifting/training. My calorie limit is 1200 and I can manage to stay in that range most of the time but lately I feel hungry all the time even on non-workout days and with being a very picky eater its hard to eat when I'm hungry while maintaining my MFP diary stats. I'm not really sure what to do to not feel hungry all the time without wanting a ton of food and going over my limit for the day.

Replies

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I would say you need to eat more. Especially if you exercise, which apparently you do.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I didn't go too far back in your diary, but it looks like you don't eat back any of your exercise calories, on top of an already aggressive deficit. That would be why you're starving all the time: because you're not eating enough to fuel your workouts, and maybe not enough to fuel everyday activities adequately.
  • tar0809
    tar0809 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    My calorie limit is 1200 and I can manage to stay in that range most of the time but lately I feel hungry all the time even on non-workout days and with being a very picky eater its hard to eat when I'm hungry while maintaining my MFP diary stats. I'm not really sure what to do to not feel hungry all the time without wanting a ton of food and going over my limit for the day.

How was the 1200 amount determined? What is your weekly weight loss goal to in MFP? According to your profile, you have 8 lbs. left to lose. Is this correct?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    did you set your weight loss goal to .5 lbs per week loss ?( it shows that you do not have much to lose so anything more would be considered too aggressive) since your working out a lot, you may need more food.
  • tar0809
    Options
    My calorie limit is 1200 and I can manage to stay in that range most of the time but lately I feel hungry all the time even on non-workout days and with being a very picky eater its hard to eat when I'm hungry while maintaining my MFP diary stats. I'm not really sure what to do to not feel hungry all the time without wanting a ton of food and going over my limit for the day.

How was the 1200 amount determined? What is your weekly weight loss goal to in MFP? According to your profile, you have 8 lbs. left to lose. Is this correct?

Yes I have 8lbs left to go. I did the mfp plan and it gave me the 1200 calories automatically. I said to try and lose 1 lb a week.
  • tar0809
    Options
    did you set your weight loss goal to .5 lbs per week loss ?( it shows that you do not have much to lose so anything more would be considered too aggressive) since your working out a lot, you may need more food.

I set it at 1lb loss a week
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Change it to 0.5 lb. per week and eat back about half of your exercise calories. This will allow you to lose weight and still have enough calories to eat to avoid being hungry.
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I didn't go too far back in your diary, but it looks like you don't eat back any of your exercise calories, on top of an already aggressive deficit. That would be why you're starving all the time: because you're not eating enough to fuel your workouts, and maybe not enough to fuel everyday activities adequately.

THIS!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Enter your info with a 20% deficit (should probably be 15%, but I'm not following my own advice there either). You're way under eating.