Jawbone UP band

Options
In December I purchased a Jawbone UP band, the one that plugs into my phone. It was the only one that was and still is, compatible with my android device. However I would have preferred a fitbit or a misfit shine but they do not work with my android phone. So until I upgrade my phone this is what I am stuck with. In February the band died, it was within their 90 warranty so I got a new band sent to me. Great! Until a few weeks ago when this band started freaking out and wouldn't work and now its not holding a charge longer than 6 hours (its supposed to last 10 days). I contacted their customer support again and since its past the 90 days they suggested I buy another band. I will not do that because I don't think a product should only last 5 months and they I have to purchase another for $80 dollars! Its crazy that I have had two bands and both have had issues within months, could I be that unlucky? No, I think their product is crap and they are not willing to disprove that theory by assisting in getting me a new band. I AM NEVER going to recommend this product to anyone.

Has anyone else had these issues? I would encourage you to email them and tell them. I have already done so and maybe it will do go.

Second question, does anyone have an activity tracker they love that also pairs with their Droid Razr Maxx? I would love suggestions.

Replies

• rlhbarnes79
    Options
    bump
  • allbarrett
    allbarrett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My husband has an UP and has been really happy with it. Once or twice in the year he's had it, it has grossly underestimated step counts for the day (usually when the battery is low, which he kicked himself for later!) but other than that he has had no problems at all. I'm surprised, honestly, that you've had 2 go "bad" on you as that just hasn't been his experience. He's had fewer issues with the UP than I have with the Fitbit Flex.

Just our $0.02. Sorry it hasn't been working for you.
  • rlhbarnes79
    Options
    I understand I might be in the minority, but to me to have two go "bad" and for the company to not want to make it right. Why would I buy a new one if two have already went bad?

I had the flex and liked it but it didn't work with my phone so I switched to this. Now I am counting the months to a phone upgrade so I can have a varied selection of trackers to choose from!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    You can still use a Fitbit without a compatible phone. Syncs to the computer also. :)
  • kiniece
    kiniece Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have a GS5 and my Fitbit Force and One are both compatible on it's Android based OS (while using the android based Fitbit app). Syncs to the Android app on my phone perfectly as well as my iPad, and my laptop (with usb dongle) with no problems. There are days it loses aprx 10 mins or so of my "active time" (I find this usually occurs during a run, not so much while walking) but as long as I take note of when my run started, it's not much of an issue for me. Occasionally, I do have to reset them when I feel like they may be missing steps or not logging calorie burn correctly...but nothing is perfect about any tracker...so I plug on!
    In December I purchased a Jawbone UP band, the one that plugs into my phone. It was the only one that was and still is, compatible with my android device. However I would have preferred a fitbit or a misfit shine but they do not work with my android phone. So until I upgrade my phone this is what I am stuck with. In February the band died, it was within their 90 warranty so I got a new band sent to me. Great! Until a few weeks ago when this band started freaking out and wouldn't work and now its not holding a charge longer than 6 hours (its supposed to last 10 days). I contacted their customer support again and since its past the 90 days they suggested I buy another band. I will not do that because I don't think a product should only last 5 months and they I have to purchase another for $80 dollars! Its crazy that I have had two bands and both have had issues within months, could I be that unlucky? No, I think their product is crap and they are not willing to disprove that theory by assisting in getting me a new band. I AM NEVER going to recommend this product to anyone.

Has anyone else had these issues? I would encourage you to email them and tell them. I have already done so and maybe it will do go.

Second question, does anyone have an activity tracker they love that also pairs with their Droid Razr Maxx? I would love suggestions.
  • rlhbarnes79
    Options
    Yes the Galaxy's are compatible because they are newer. I am planning on upgrading to one of those in January when I can. I did give in and but the One yesterday, which I like because I can actually check to see if I am on track through the display throughout the day instead of having to sync it. I am going to have to get into the habit of turning on my laptop every evening to sync the data every night.
    I have a GS5 and my Fitbit Force and One are both compatible on it's Android based OS (while using the android based Fitbit app). Syncs to the Android app on my phone perfectly as well as my iPad, and my laptop (with usb dongle) with no problems. There are days it loses aprx 10 mins or so of my "active time" (I find this usually occurs during a run, not so much while walking) but as long as I take note of when my run started, it's not much of an issue for me. Occasionally, I do have to reset them when I feel like they may be missing steps or not logging calorie burn correctly...but nothing is perfect about any tracker...so I plug on!