Vitamens Question

Options
I notice before I started dieting I never ate much to begin with like I'd skip breakfast and wouldn't be hungry until around 2pm so I'd eat like a sandwich and go on with my day and not be hungry till dinner. Well I started having breakfast, eating a healthy lunch and then I'd take a vitamen (which I just started taking with my diet) and I feel like I'm starving and super weak. Should I take them at night before I go to bed to stop feeling like this? Will that help at all?

Replies

• oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Are you taking a one-a-day multivitamin?
  • krd82
    krd82 Posts: 53
    Options
    Yeah its the one for women.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Try doing the diet without the vitamin for a couple of days just to see if you can pinpoint if it's the new eating, or the vitamin that is causing you to feel like that.

If it is from the vitamin, I'd run that by your doctor. It may have some ingredient in it or something that isn't working well with your body.

Good luck!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Check to see if you need to take with food.
  • krd82
    krd82 Posts: 53
    Options
    Check to see if you need to take with food.
    I take it with food as soon as I'm done with lunch
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I take the One-A-Day Womens vitamen in the morning with breakfast (have been for several years). But I found out that they take longer than a day for your body to absorb, so I only take them every other day. Maybe try taking them in the morning? It does sound like that since you aren't used to eating breakfast, that you may just be hungry because your body is adjusting to that change.
  • drewrf64
    drewrf64 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When you do not eat, your metabolism gets slower meaning that it holds onto every single fat cell in your body (starvation shock mode), this was why you were not hungry before you started your diet. Now that your eating regular healthy meals and I assume exercising your metabolism is starting to increase. The reason you are hungry may be due to the fact that your body is adjusting from the types of food you previously ate (high fat). Your energy level may have something to do with your glycemic level, do you find it dropping when you are hungry? Not all vitamins are the same, many of the products on the market have little to no nutritional value at all. I would take a look at the brand you are using and see if they are synthetic or natural, natural supplements would be your best bet.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I always take my multivitamin before bed, my calcium after dinner, and an omega pill 3 times a day with meals. If you still feel bad, try a different vitamin. I had problem with the one-a-day women's before.
  • HealthyGirl222
    Options
    When you begin to eat breakfast regularily after normally skipping breakfast, it speeds up the metabolism. The higher the metabolism, the greater the appetite as your body is burning more. Your body is also likely confused and your blood sugar levels might be off and causing the fatigue. We should be eating 5-6x a day to keep metabolism working and blood sugar levels stable.