happy days !!!! (finally i'm normal)

Options
Sinope82
Sinope82 Posts: 108 Member
Well sort of......not sure any of my friends or family would agree with me being normal but according to the nhs guidelines i am now a normal healthy weight for the first time ever !!!!!

98lb lost so far and i've gone from morbidly obese to just obese on through overweight but i have to confess i never actually thought id get to a healthy normal weight.

After years of fad diets that didn't work finally something as simple as counting calories trying to eat healthy food.....most of the time.....well we all need an occasional treat ;o) and a bit of exercise has done what nothing else did.

was just in such a good mood this morning i thought i'd share a bit of my cheerfulness in the hope that maybe i can help to show it can be done & help any one who may be struggling a bit to keep going.

Anyway i've now reset my goal to try and lose another 10-15lb and then i'll see how i feel again as to whether i want to go any lower or just keep toning up a bit more.

Good luck everyone, keep at it and you can acheive what seems like the unacheivable x

Replies

• Wildalabama
    Options
    What a beautiful story! I am so happy for u!!! Today is my second day on here, and i have a long long way to go in order to reach where u are, but success stories like urs is wat is keeping me going!!! Thank u and keep up the fabulous work, u r an inspiration to us all!! :) love alabama xx
  • swaistle
    swaistle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Fantastic new! Well done!
  • heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Well done! That's fantastic!
  • edeonline
    edeonline Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well done! It's not just about being a 'normal' weight or looking great. New research has just been published on the health risks associated with obesity, so you've probably reduced your risk of cancer quite significantly. Congratulations :happy:

Being overweight or obese 'linked to 10 common cancers'
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-28779493
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Good work!, I'm edging from obese to "normal" as well (apart from this week as I'm on holiday).

That's a lot of weight you've managed to lose!.
  • steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Three cheers...hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray...well done, what a terrific achievement.

By the way....normal is subjective and over rated....:glasses:
  • knittingayle
    knittingayle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What terrific progress!
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    Congratulations!! :)
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!!! I admire you will power and perseverance through all that! Congratulations on the new you!
  • rgdelacruz43
    rgdelacruz43 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Amazing !
  • dianesheart88
    dianesheart88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That must be one heck of a feeling!! Thanks for posting!
  • SkinnyMel78
    SkinnyMel78 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You are amazing....congrats!!! I am 30 lbs away from being normal, can't wait!!!
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your story! It's a wonderful accomplishment and very inspiring.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and thank you for sharing! It definitely helps to hear of others successes as we all have our down days. :)
  • rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    So good. For so many reasons. Thank you!
  • jhaehl
    jhaehl Posts: 11
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I'm hoping to get there myself so I know that you must have worked hard and kept at it. Amazing job, be proud!!!
  • mona52bask
    mona52bask Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. You are so motivating. I hope to be a success like you. It's very hard. But, this time I tell myself, I will win this battle. Thanks for sharing.
  • Neeters1969
    Neeters1969 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    WOW! Good for you. You are very motivating and I too hope to be normal one day too. ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!