Looking for motivating friends. :)

Options
Hello! I have been a member of MFP for several years now. I had originally lost about 20 pounds, but over the past year I fell off the bandwagon and gained about half of it back (if not a little more). I'm 23 years old, so I really want to get my weight under control. I'm 5'8" and currently about 190 pounds and my ultimate goal is to get down to about 165-170.

I'm looking for friends that will help motivate me and I will help motivate them! I don't want to fall off the bandwagon again, I want to stay on and get to my goal! :)

Replies

• nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hey Chelle! I'm 25. My start weight is 215 and I'm working my way down to 150 then I'll see where I want to go from there. I'll be there for you girlie! :flowerforyou:
  • fit_gal
    fit_gal Posts: 167
    Options
    You can add me :) I lost. 33 pounds five years ago. I've put half of it back on again. I want to get down to 140 which is where I managed to get down to. I'm also 5ft 8in x
  • CallMeAllie
    CallMeAllie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    add me as well! :) i may have personal motivation problems sometimes with myself, but i'm great at motivating others! :D
  • gerle1
    gerle1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know I have motivation problems from time to time. The good thing is seems like when I up others are down. And when they are up I am down so there is always motivation to share. Feel free to add me if you wish. And together we can reach our goals. Remember you are never alone.

Chris/gerle1here
    :happy:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    ADD me if you like.
  • Chellellelle
    Chellellelle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I have added all of you!!
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Add me :) I'm 24 and want to get back into my size 5 jeans (I'm in an 11....woops!)

140 is not a good look at 4'8" tall!
  • Ryan6691
    Ryan6691 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 23, know exactly what you mean. Staying motivated is the toughest part. Just stick with it, and I'm sure you'll do great!
  • GailEMac
    GailEMac Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I was considering starting a thread just like this! I have 'freinds' but a lot of them aren't very active as they used to be, ive been on and off the wagon due to having a few babies, but now i'm going hard to get my body back. Feel free to add me, am a daily logger and motivator :-)
  • bmhaas92
    bmhaas92 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes! This is exactly what I was looking for. I'm 5'0, 130lbs. My heaviest was 163 and just a year ago I was 118, so I did gain some back since I was at that low 118 a year ago. I can relate to some of you in saying that I used to have people that were on the same page as me but they aren't anymore, so I need motivating and supporting friends!
  • sheep_dog
    sheep_dog Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Your story is exactly the same as mine. 21 here, been here for probably 2 years. Original lost 25 lbs, put half back on when I off the band wagon. Now I'm back! Eating healthy and doing insanity early mornings with bike rides in the afternoons

Feel free to add me! I love commenting positive things, and receiving them :D!
  • StrongHealthyPowerful
    StrongHealthyPowerful Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey! Definitely been there with the losing and bouncing back. Lost about 60 lbs four years ago (after being up and down and mostly up for years), but recently found myself creeping back up again. I'm doing my best to take off the new pounds I've put on, take off a few more, and most importantly gain some more muscle and TONE UP! I've always been pretty soft, so this should be interesting. Haha. I'm always open to new friends, so feel free to send me a request. :)
  • Miska8482
    Miska8482 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Melissa. I too need some friends to help motivate me. I started off at 240lbs and now I'm at 186. Spent 9 months working out like crazy then I hit a plateau. Now I'm in my first week of ideal protein and it's getting easier. My goal is to get too my pre baby weight. :-)
  • Bluemints1
    Bluemints1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm currently 215 and my absolute ideal weight is 140, which i know i'll have to be patient with but i'd love motivation and to help motivate someone in my situation!
  • sweetie_pi88
    sweetie_pi88 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Turned 26 last month and currently weighing in at 199. I'm 5'10" and share the same goal weight as you. Lost 25lbs before meeting my boyfriend last March but sadly ended up putting most of it back on. Been looking for more active friends as several of mine haven't been logging lately. On 30 day logging streak currently.
  • joeyjodes
    joeyjodes Posts: 1
    Options
    I've used this app in the past and found it makes me accountable and more successful when I have a few kg's to shed. I have a 10 month old baby and need to lose 5kg to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.... so today I am kicking it off and I want it gone in about a month... let's see how we go!
    Good luck to you with your goals. :)
  • rkcampbell
    rkcampbell Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me as well! I started at 240 a couple years ago and lost 70 lbs, then gained almost 20 back. I'm working my way back down and I need to finish this!!!! I log everyday and my diary is open. Almost all of my previous friends are now inactive and I need some support!!!!
  • lifehappenssugar
    lifehappenssugar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I am about to be 23 and currently weigh about 270. My end goal is to be around 180 but for now I am just trying to lose enough weight to feel confident in my wedding dress!
  • MeLanceUppercut
    MeLanceUppercut Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome back! You're gonna crush this yo!
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    add me too i on here always and daily logger and actully write stuff in my news feed