Fruit and Yogurt BAD for my diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I eat plain Greek yoghurt and fruit every day! It has not hindered my steady weight loss. Greek yoghurt is the best type to be eating though (plain) as its most nutrient dense and higher in protein. Don't buy any of those crappy 'low fat' 'diet' yoghurts which are full of sugar.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Did you recently increase or change your workouts? I find that when I do that my loss seems to stall a bit before it goes down again.
  • JoshLikesBeer
    JoshLikesBeer Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I make my own yogurt. It's easy, I save money, and I know exactly what's in it.

You need eight 1 pint / 0.5 liter jars, a cooler large enough to hold all of those jars, a thermometer, one gallon / 4 liters whole organic milk, and a small tub of the best organic Greek yogurt you can find to use as a starter culture.

Heat the milk up to 180F / 82C and hold around that temp for 20 minutes. This changes the structure of some of the proteins and evaporates some of the water so that the yogurt will thicken better.

Scoop 1/2 tbsp / 7.5 ml of the Greek yogurt into each jar.

Cover the milk and allow to cool to about 120F / 50C.

Fill the jars with the warm milk, cap, rinse, and shake them to distribute the starter culture.

Place the jars into the cooler, and fill the cooler up to the necks of the jars with hot tap water.

Close the cooler and allow it to sit for 24 hours.

It is now yogurt. Take them out and put them into the fridge.

If you use different sized jars, adjust the amount of starter culture proportionally. Don't open the last jar until you are ready to make more, and you can use it for your starter culture for the next batch.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Yes it's bad for you. Give it alllllll to me.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Definitely not, I as well make my own yogurt and eat it nearly every day with a big bowl of fresh fruit for lunch (6 -7 days a week) I find that it is the perfect combo for after my morning workout to refuel and is easily digested before my afternoon one. I actually think quite the opposite it has helped me continue to see results.
  • Dsheehan4740
    Dsheehan4740 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of good advice. I would just ditto the limited salt and increase the water. Salt is generally my downfall. Stay the course, it will change before long.