So, do you ever......

Options
2»

Replies

• RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I run inside on my treadmill so I would hope I don't see any one I don't know running. One thing I wan't to do so bad is burn some songs to a CD like "Eye of the tiger" and "danger zone" Then ride in my car and follow someone running or biking blasting it with my windows down for encouragement :D
    At which point I would trip over my own feet from laughing, twist my ankle, and be restricted from exercising for a couple of weeks.

Gosh, thanks. :tongue:
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I run inside on my treadmill so I would hope I don't see any one I don't know running. One thing I wan't to do so bad is burn some songs to a CD like "Eye of the tiger" and "danger zone" Then ride in my car and follow someone running or biking blasting it with my windows down for encouragement :D
    At which point I would trip over my own feet from laughing, twist my ankle, and be restricted from exercising for a couple of weeks.

Gosh, thanks. :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: LMAO:laugh: :laugh: :drinker: Cheers, that was just funny.
  • Angimom
    Options
    Honestly...I always smile/nod especially on bike trails, but I'd be totally annoyed if someone made an "encouraging comment" to me...I am sure it's my own insecurities on that, but I'd feel like they were being condescending.

I would not want to make anyone feel that way. I would only mean it in the most encouraging way! I promise to never blurt words at you! LOL
  • qmamabear
    qmamabear Posts: 43 Member
    Options

I totally did that to my brother in law who was running in a sweating plastic suit and weighted vest! It was the day before he weighed in for boot camp and he needed to drop a few pounds quickly. He actually had to stop running because he couldn't stop laughing!
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    The only people I ever see on the trails are one or two other runners (if any)...a slight nod is all we need ... if that... I don't acknowledge or say anything to hikers...we are each out doing our own thing
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    yep. Running is awesome.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    When people say things to me, I can't understand what they are saying and assume it is a cat call, which for a fat 30+ single mom, puts a big smile on my face.
  • SaltNBurnBoys
    SaltNBurnBoys Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner, personally, but I don't think I'd want to be acknowledged by someone else. Just like I'm not looking for conversation at the gym.

(As a complete aside, OP, I feel obligated to ask if that shark got thrown back safely.)
  • Angimom
    Options
    I'm not a runner, personally, but I don't think I'd want to be acknowledged by someone else. Just like I'm not looking for conversation at the gym.

(As a complete aside, OP, I feel obligated to ask if that shark got thrown back safely.)

It did, a quick photo and back into the drink! Are you a fisherman?? I love fishing, mostly the catching part, but being out on the water is pretty great within itself.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    I nod or wave but I don't generally say anything. Mostly because I am so in the zone myself, I don't want to interrupt or be interrupted.
  • SaltNBurnBoys
    SaltNBurnBoys Posts: 170 Member
    Options

I did, a quick photo and back into the drink! Are you a fisherman??

Only freshwater, unfortunately. Haven't managed to make it to the ocean yet.

I'm glad to hear it's alright! I'm such a shark fanatic and I love knowing people treat them with the respect they deserve.