New healthy recipes, I am out of ideas

Options
Hello all

So i have been on MFP since Nov 2010 and have lost weight so far. However i have run out of ideas food wise, and i am beginning to eat just about anything, although i still stay very much within my calorie goals. I need healthy recipes, food ideas and such to help me stay on track. The other day i ate 4 granola bars (on the same day:noway: for someone like me, thats huge cos i can only do one a day) and also been eating some crazy combos that are not so healthy. Any help will be appreciated.

I will like to hear ur ideas about fruits, soups (now this will be fun since i dont eat a lot of soups) and other recipes you have.

Thanks and hope to see some amazing healthy recipes.

P.S: as much as i eat healthy, i dont deprive myself, just so you know:smile:

Replies

• love2bgrammy
    Options
    How about trying omelettes -- the thing is, you can do the same base -- the eggs and change it up every day with different innerds. Tonight hubby made one for me with turkey bacon, low-fat cheese, left-over potatoes, onions & mushroooms. I had one earlier in the week with fire-roasted veggies and chicken. I suggested a shrimp omelette to him tonight but he poo-pood that so I'll have to try it without him sometime. The thing that is good for me about omelettes is it helps me get the protein in that I don't get enough of otherwise. Just a thought! Hope it helps!
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    healthy stroganoff

1 lb. lean ground turkey
    1 zucchini (or your favorite summer squash) diced into small pieces
    1 yellow onion diced the same size as the zucchini
    10 mushrooms diced
    1 tsp. garlic salt
    1 can healthy harvest cream of mushroom soup
    1/2 c. fat free plain yogurt or fat free sour cream
    3 c. cooked brown rice

Heat a large non stick skillet over medium high heat. Spray with canola cooking spray. Add meat, veggies and garlic salt. Saute til veggies are softened and meat is browned, breaking up large chunks as you go. Add soup, yogurt and salt and pepper to taste. Heat through and serve over brown rice. Makes 6 servings
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I post new recipes on a blog everyday. It's in my signature!
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    Love2b grammy, omlette with everything else sounds easy and a good idea, will try it out. Thanks
    Brityn, that looks like a delicious recipe, i am on it
    Skinnyby 29, i am proceeding to ur blog

Thanks ladies:smile:
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hey try this blog it's awesome http://400caloriesorless.com/ and you can sort by meal, type of food or ingredients so there is always something!
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I put my mother in law's minestrone soup in the database "Irene's Minestrone Soup" and also Cranberry Chicken.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    dices tomatoes, 1 can
    garbanzo beans, 1 can
    cauliflower -whole head
    tbsp grated ginger
    1 garlic clove
    1 tbsp curry powder

SOOO good. You can eat it with some light sour cream and cilantro and it's under about 300 calories.
  • minannan
    minannan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This blog has a lot of great, healthy recipe ideas! www.iowagirleats.com
    I made her stuffed acorn squash recipe this week and it was delicious!
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Grill some chicken breast, fry up a piece of bacon, heat up a flour tortilla and add some tomato and lettuce with some low cal ranch. Make yourself a mean chicken, bacon, ranch wrap.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I post a daily cooking blog about what I am cooking for dinner and I include all the nutritional information! You can find my blog at

www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TracieJ65
  • k4evans1
    k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this blog... http://www.une-vie-saine.com/
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I made this today and wrapped it in a romaine lettuce leaf and it was amazing serves 4 so I have lunch or a snack for the next day!!!

190 Calories
    1g Saturated Fat
    12g Protein
    INGREDIENTS

1 pouch or can (5 oz.) tuna, drained and flaked
    1 garlic clove
    1 Tbsp. lemon juice
    2 Tbsp. olive oil
    1 can (16 oz.) Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
    1/2 red pepper cut in cubes
    1/4 cup chopped red onion
    Fresh Basil, chopped, to taste
    Salt and pepper, to taste
    Lemon zest
    DIRECTIONS

Mince garlic and mash to a paste with the back of a spoon. Mix garlic paste with lemon juice, salt and pepper and slowly whisk in olive oil. Toss red pepper, onion, and beans together. Break apart tuna and mix into bean mixture. Add dressing and toss well. Add basil just before serving. Serve at room temperature. Serves 4
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    this is what i just ate for dinner and it was awesome:

i made a spicy tomato sauce (canned sauce with fresh garlic and ginger added, curry powder, turmeric, cumin and mustard seeds) then into the sauce went steamed cauliflower, curried sweet potatoes (more curry powder and hungarian paprika) and a few cashews. i ate this mess over homemade injera which was simply teff flour and water baked into little pancakes on a skillet. yum <3
  • wyze
    Options
    O wow, u ladies really came out for me, awww thanks so much, you are all so beautiful inside out :smile:

Will check out all your suggestions one by one, thanks ladies :flowerforyou:

Wishing you all the best in reaching your goals

Thank u so much
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Check out the blogs 101 Cookbooks (www.101cookbooks.com) and Gluten Free Girl (www.glutenfreegirl.com) for inspiration... tons of healthy recipes!
  • wyze
    Options
    thanks everyone for being generous with your recipes and websites, you all rock