Dr OZ Garcinia Cambogia

Options
Has anybody tried the Dr OZ holy grail of weight loss pill ? Garcinia Cambogia I have been taking it for the last month and I have lost about 5lbs. I cant say weather this pill has helped or not. There are so many weight loss supplements out there. Its hard to pick one that you know will work for you.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You know that Dr. Oz is a quack, right?
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I tried it. Didn't work.

There are no miracle cures to help lose weight. The only thing that works is a calorie deficit.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    There are so many weight loss supplements out there. Its hard to pick one that you know will work for you.
    Exactly. They are all scams. Eat a calorie deficit and the weight will come off. It's free.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Has anybody tried the Dr OZ holy grail of weight loss pill ? Garcinia Cambogia I have been taking it for the last month and I have lost about 5lbs. I cant say weather this pill has helped or not. There are so many weight loss supplements out there. Its hard to pick one that you know will work for you.
    the only "supplement" that works is just eating under your TDEE.

everything else is just gonna help you lose weight in your wallet.

If you've lost weight, it's because you were at an applicable calorie deficit. That's all. End of story.
  • Cheeseburger85
    Cheeseburger85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    There are so many weight loss supplements out there. Its hard to pick one that you know will work for you.
    Exactly. They are all scams. Eat a calorie deficit and the weight will come off. It's free.

Fact.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    the only "supplement" that works is just eating under your TDEE.

everything else is just gonna help you lose weight in your wallet.

If you've lost weight, it's because you were at an applicable calorie deficit. That's all. End of story.
    Yup.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

5lbs a month is easily done without a pill, and actually is a pretty healthy rate at which to lose.

dump the pills and maintain a healthy deficit.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    You look like such a sweet man based on your rofile pic, so it pains me to be snarky. So I won't be snarky.

Don't listen to Dr. OZ. He's like the weather; he changes promos all the time and who knows whether it's true or not.

And anyway, supplements are not good way to lose weight.
  • michaeljacksonfan333
    Options
    i wasn't talking about the people that have tried it
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    It seems that many people commenting on this post are close minded about the situation. I wouldn't use it myself because I am on a budget..but who knows? it could work
    Don't you think there is a reason every single person is saying the same thing?
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'll let John Oliver explain my feels about Dr. Oz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA0wKeokWUU
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    It seems that many people commenting on this post are close minded about the situation. I wouldn't use it myself because I am on a budget..but who knows? it could work

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

Uh. I'm not close minded. I DID try it. It didn't work.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your time or money on any product. You can do it by learning to manage what you eat and move more :)
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    i wasn't talking about the people that have tried it

Why does it matter which you meant? They are all saying the same thing. Don't do it. I mean, if you want to throw money away, be my guest, but instead of giving it to Doc Oz there, I have these excellent snake oil supplements that will make you lose 10 pounds a week GUARANTEED!*

*False - THERE IS NO MAGIC CURE FOR FAT except a calorie deficit.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz was recently in front of the Senate defending himself on these weight-loss miracle claims:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/17/dr-oz-congress_n_5504209.html

An excerpt: "Oz insisted he believes in the supplements he talks about on his show as short-term crutches...but there's no long-term miracle pill out there without diet and exercise"

Personally, I would even disagree with using it as a "short-term crutch". Even the man touting it doesn't really believe in it. It's all about the dollar bills for him. You lost that weight on your own, no need to rely on a crutch.

Edited:: Congress, not Senate. LOL, pardon me, my Canadian is showing :laugh:
  • Vortex_ConQueso
    Options
    droz_2.jpg