Please learn from my mistakes - I'm back

Options
I gained every pound of the 43 I lost between January and May 2013. In that time I have quit smoking, which is a good thing.

I think I went wrong by thinking that I was "good to go" and didn't need to log my food any more. I felt entitled to eat more again since I worked so hard to lose the weight. Before I knew it, I'm back to 254.

Four days back to good eating and I really feel good again and starting to exercise. This is more than eating less. This is something within my DNA or something. It is just so hard sometimes!

I welcome your support!

Replies

• tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Well done on giving it another go, i've still got a few pounds to lose, I log in everyday feel free to friend me :happy:
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I love big boy! :) Though you should probably really stay away from there on your journey! haha
  • Ritterkev
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Ritterkev
    Options
    No Big Boy visits for a while! : ) Thanks for your support!
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Good for you for getting back on the wagon!!! Feel free to add me - I log in daily (been over a year I'm here - but 'lost' a week due to my honeymoon in July :wink:
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    All you can do is keep trying day by day and never give up! On yourself that is! You'll get there! Feel free to add me if you would like. :)
  • jeanlake
    jeanlake Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Fall down 7 times -- get up 8 times (Chinese Proverb). You're on the right track. This is just so hard for many of us. I began letting myself go after the birth of my last child. A few decades later, I'm still kicking myself. I don't know why I didn't struggle with weight before age 30, but that being said, it's my struggle now. And this is your's. Good luck kicking other habits. Keep your focus. Keep moving (exercise) and watch everything that goes into your mouth. Log in for accountability. Drink water --- Sleep --- and we should be on our way to a healthy existence. Sending you positive energy.
  • mburklew1
    Options
    It's good that you're getting yourself back in shape. Just remember the song..."I GET KNOCKED DOWN, BUT I GET UP AGAIN, YOUR NEVER GONNA GET ME DOWN!" Plus, you will not be the weight of 254 pounds forever if you keep applying yourself.

Today is my first day of dieting and working out again. Yes I feel pumped but I have a feeling that I'll lose my morale quickly. So, my question is will this site keep me motivated? Apparently its worked for you in the past. But is it your saving grace?
  • frjanet
    frjanet Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi that was brave of you to write and share! Well done and good for you to recognize. Glad I am not the only one....

I am back too and up 10 lbs since I quit logging + eating more healthy but this time I have a knee injury (possible Baker's/Ganglion Cyst) which I thought should exempt me from most exercise. Albeit I do have pain, so instead of giving up I am treating with icing, pain killers and wear a support band until I get the help and treatment after my MRI next week.

Looking forward to 5 days a week and 1 hour workouts once again!

In the meantime I am doing short intervals of whatever I can get in...

Follow Twitter: #NOEXCUSES
    10 minutes if that is all you got!

Good luck!
    Janet
  • sonyahadder42
    sonyahadder42 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the return to a healthy lifestyle! I'd LOVE to hear how you quit smoking. Everything in my life would be easier if I could get THAT monkey off my back.
  • EvelynR1967
    EvelynR1967 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    it truly shows your strength to get back up and start again! And sometimes having to do it over really puts into perspective just how hard you worked but can loose that progress if you don't stay with the plan. I think your awesome and with you the world of success your second time around! congratulations on the smoking!!!!!!
  • ichoose2believe
    ichoose2believe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Gained back almost all of the 55lbs that I lost this time last year.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on quitting smoking! And congrats on finding your way back.

If you are like me and love eating and just can't imagine how eating 2000+cals a day can be hard for someone....well we will have to be careful for the rest of our lives. We will 'never' be done, then maintaining is more difficult than losing, for the reasons you discovered yourself.
  • Ritterkev
    Options
    Thank you all for your positive and insipiring words! It means a lot to know that I (we) are not alone in this.

My first week, I lost 13 pounds! Can you believe it! All I did was stay within my calories and do a little more exercise. I even had stuff like sunflower seeds and popcorn, and a cookie one day. Believe me, I ate good.

I think I had been eating so bad that my body is saying 'thank you.' I was playing around and entered in some entries of a typical day of eating "before." I was eating 8000+ calories some days ... just for dinner.

One more thing and then I'll close. I have been chosing to eat some so-called 'super foods' like kale and blueberries. I feel wonderful!!!!