AM Fitness pals

Options
Hey Guys,

So this is week three for early AM workouts for me and while I have a few friends on my FL who are up early with me I want MORE! I get very motivated when I log on in the wee hours from my bed, still sleepy eyed and considering rolling over and hitting snooze. but then....I see those dedicated people who are up and burning calories and its the kick start I need to get moving.

Anyone want to join me for AM motivation? BTW i'm in ET and get up around 5:15-5:30AM.

Thanks!
xxoo

Replies

• njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm usually up around 4:30-4:45am for my workouts. So many times I just want to hit snooze but I know this frees up my nights to spend with my kids. So I do what I have to do to get my workouts in.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I am in Central Time and roll out of bed around 4:05am to get to the gym before work. :happy:

Edited to avoid any confusion between the state of CT and the time zone CT.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Up at 4:30 in South Carolina and run 4.5 miles with a gym workout at mile 3 on MWF and a 6.5 mile run on Tuesday Thursday. I love getting out while the city is still sleeping.
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Im up around the same time, and like to get my workout in if I can ( if 3 month old isn't up)
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    Nothing better than starting the day off with a morning workout. Sets a positive tone for the rest of the day.
  • FitMelody4Life
    FitMelody4Life Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 3 am Mountain time, today was yoga at 4 am and a 4 mile run at 5 am. Fell free to add me :)
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm in Southeast Georgia which is Eastern Time. I get up at 4:45am. I ride my bike 12 miles in the dark. You are not alone.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I am up around 4:30/5 no later. I see my husband off to work then head out the door for my walk. Getting up and out early is the only way to beat the Florida sun and humidity and rain
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Yay! Thanks everyone, looking forward to see everyone up and active in the early AM!
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 3 am Mountain time, today was yoga at 4 am and a 4 mile run at 5 am. Fell free to add me :)
    I'm also Mountain Time (Montana!) I'm up at 4:30 but don't exercise till I get my coffee, a bite to eat and do the rest of my morning routine. I'm exercising in my own little mini gym by generally by 5:15 am, Mon-Fri. It has become such a routine; it's like brushing my teeth, I just can't start my day without it! I mix up my exercises too so I don't get bored.:smile::glasses:
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Wow I am amazed by all of your amazing dedication!! I was getting up at 4:50am (Cali time) and in front of the TV by 5:00am for my workouts and that lasted about a month and I have been trying like hell to find the motivation and determination I once had! You all are defiantly an inspiration.
  • KCMission
    KCMission Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Up at 4:45, coffee from 4:45 - 5:15 and then its down to the workout room for 45-60 minutes of exercise... every morning, except Saturdays which is my scheduled rest day - and the only day I get to sleep in :)

I found out that if I don't do it in the morning, it don't get done so AM it is. Also gives me half an hour - just me and my beloved cop o' joe - no kids, no hubby. Learned quickly to LOVE it.

Good luck!
  • amessam8
    amessam8 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi! I love morning workouts I'm usually at the gym at 5am at least 4 times during the work week. Saturdays and Sundays vary, but I like to get it in and get it over with before gyms and parks get too crowded.

I'm on EST.