protein pancakes

Options
I have been trying for the past three weeks for the perfect protein pancake recipe.

Right now:

1 mashed banana
1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder
1/3 cup of soy milk
1/4 cup of egg whites

It comes out horrible! Do you guys have a full proof amazing and easy protein pancake recipe?

Thanks

Replies

• ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Well, unless you have a problem with oatmeal, I'd make oatmeal flour and almond flour, mix them both and add it in to keep it together. And use the whole egg.
  • c_aw
    c_aw Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SaoirseRuth
    SaoirseRuth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use 2 eggs, 25g of ground almond, 1 scoop of whey protein and that's it. I pile on some frozen raspberries when I'm finished.

The texture is a bit more like a sponge cake but it's still yummy.
  • michaelgagliano10
    Options
    I got just the recipe.

1 scoop protein powder (the more delicious the better)
    1 egg white
    1 whole egg
    1/2 cup of almond milk
    40 grams of blended oats into flour
    1/2 tsp of baking powder
    1 tsp vanilla extract

Equals 26g carbs, 10 fat and 39 protein (macros)
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    I got just the recipe.

1 scoop protein powder (the more delicious the better)
    1 egg white
    1 whole egg
    1/2 cup of almond milk
    40 grams of blended oats into flour
    1/2 tsp of baking powder
    1 tsp vanilla extract

Equals 26g carbs, 10 fat and 39 protein (macros)

This recipe is similar to mine but I use a low carb recipe, looks more like this:

1 scoop whey isolate vanilla protein powder (41g scoop)
    1 whole egg
    1/2 tblsp olive oil
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1-3 tsp splenda (optional depending on your protein powder)

Now here's what I learned over time to make these actually have a decent consistency to cook:

1) It *must* be blended! The most VERY important thing is to blend it, no fork mixing. Blend it with a hand blender, or blend it with a mixer, or even one of those magic bullet mini blenders. It MUST be blended.

2) You want the consistency thick unlike normal pancakes where it can be fairly runny, it must be thick but enough to obviously still pour in the pan.

NOTE: At this point once blended, if it's TOO thick to even pour in the pan, then add either some almond milk or some liquid egg whites, very small amount. If it's too runny (you need it thick) then add a small bit more of protein powder and re-blend.

Fry it in a non-stick pan, I put a small bit of butter (goes a long way) and enjoy with sugar free maple syrup or peanut butter!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I think any pancake made with bananas is just gross, and I love bananas. I've stopped trying to make the banana thing happen when it comes to protein pancakes. This is my go-to protein pancake recipe:

Chocolate Protein Pancakes
    1/4 cup whole wheat flour
    1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder
    1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
    2 T sweetener (stevia, splenda, sugar, etc.)
    1 tsp baking powder
    120 g liquid egg whites
    1 tsp vanilla extract

Stir all dry ingredients together until mixed well. Add liquid ingredients and stir until just mixed. Cook on medium heat, add some syrup (I use Log Cabin sugar free maple syrup) and enjoy! I usually get 5-7 3-inch pancakes.

These are just so perfect for me. It's very filling and delicious, with no weird hot banana taste or runny texture.

Someone on my friends list found this recipe resulted in "spongy" pancakes and suggested this recipe:

1 scoop vanilla protein
    1/4 C. flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    6 oz. Greek yogurt
    1/4 C egg whites.

I tried it out and it was alright, but I didn't love it for the same reason I didn't love the banana pancakes - it was too...wet? I don't know. I prefer my pancakes fluffy rather than moist. She loved them, though, so it really depends on your pancake preference.

Both recipes are about 350-380 calories, including the sugar free syrup, for the whole recipe.