Help me!!

Options
imn0tlykeher
imn0tlykeher Posts: 41 Member
I need some ideas/ meal plans! I really suck at this eating right/dieting stuff and I sincerely want to lose 30lbs!! I have 2 kids ages 2 and 4 and I need some things that they will eat for dinner also, and I work mon-fri 730am-4pm so I need some things I can take with me for lunch/snack etc...HELP ME PLEASE

Replies

• robsell2
    Options
    What are you doing? reducing calories? keto? paleo?
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    My favorite website for a wide variety of meal options is Allrecipes.com. Some of the recipes are very easy to make and you can modify some of the ingredients to make it healthier (I.e. almond milk instead of regular, Ener G egg replacer instead of eggs, etc)
  • mjn18
    mjn18 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Check these out- I spent an hour preparing these a few weeks ago and my husband and I have been eating off them ever since. Should be pretty kid friendly and the calorie content is very reasonable ~300 per serving or less.

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/09/slow-cooker-freezer-meals-make-8-meals.html
  • imn0tlykeher
    Options
    Honestly I dont really know WHAT to do LOL I just know I want to lose 30lbs.. :/ Every time I start something I get discouraged when I dont see results and I quit..yeah bad I know..but a big part is convienance and not knowing WHAT to eat etc :/ I dont know maybe I should just join one of those places that send you meals? Im so stressed and upset about this damn weight its ridiculous! But my fat *kitten* cant say no to food! :( Im really getting depressed. Im 5'7" 207lbs and would love to get down to 180lbs..I have gotten down to 205 and thats the least Ive ever made it to..it's ridiculous.
  • micheal_2014
    Options
    I'll do my best to brainstorm with you:

1) It sounds like you're incredibly busy during the week. I would try and do as much dinner prep/cooking on the weekend as possible. Your two year old may not be old enough, but your four year old could help you prepare vegetables, etc. It's amazing what kids will eat when they've had a hand in making it.

2) Soups are great dishes that can be made extremely healthy, and are a hiding place for veggies when blended. Add in a little bit of pasta for the kids prior to serving. Make a big batch of healthy soup/chili on the weekend, freeze it, and you have multiple dinners and lunches throughout the week that you only have to heat up when you get home.

3) If you still want to have something sweet, and not deprive your kids of cookies and such, consider making oatmeal cookies with splenda and splenda brown sugar to reduce the calories. You can't eat a ton of these of course, but if you're going to cave and have something sweet now and again (you will, we all do) might as well mitigate the damage ahead of time.

4) Breakfast for dinner! Omelets, etc. If you have prepared the veggies ahead of time - let the kids choose which vegetables to add to the omelets. Again, they feel involved, feel pride in the food being cooked, and are therefore more likely to eat it.
  • imn0tlykeher
    Options
    I'll do my best to brainstorm with you:

1) It sounds like you're incredibly busy during the week. I would try and do as much dinner prep/cooking on the weekend as possible. Your two year old may not be old enough, but your four year old could help you prepare vegetables, etc. It's amazing what kids will eat when they've had a hand in making it.

2) Soups are great dishes that can be made extremely healthy, and are a hiding place for veggies when blended. Add in a little bit of pasta for the kids prior to serving. Make a big batch of healthy soup/chili on the weekend, freeze it, and you have multiple dinners and lunches throughout the week that you only have to heat up when you get home.

3) If you still want to have something sweet, and not deprive your kids of cookies and such, consider making oatmeal cookies with splenda and splenda brown sugar to reduce the calories. You can't eat a ton of these of course, but if you're going to cave and have something sweet now and again (you will, we all do) might as well mitigate the damage ahead of time.

4) Breakfast for dinner! Omelets, etc. If you have prepared the veggies ahead of time - let the kids choose which vegetables to add to the omelets. Again, they feel involved, feel pride in the food being cooked, and are therefore more likely to eat it.

Thank you very much Michael those are some good ideas!! :)