I'm Stacy, and I am a stress eater...

Options
Lost my mom in '03, my dog in '06, my dad and my job in '08... and my mind shortly there after. Serious bout of depression kicked in and kicked my *kitten* at that point. I have a great husband, who is more than double his prescribed weight. I am still 80lbs from my goal. I got a job in 2009 that was HORRIBLE, I hated it so much, I was miserable, got a new job in 2010, and lost 42lbs in my first six months there. Then the loss stopped. Not stressed at ALL, love the job, it's awesome, the people are great, my boss is wonderful. Still eating healthy, I just think I need to kick it up a notch! I walk 4-6 miles a day every weekday. Just added some morning jogging and weight training. Now by tracking my food more closely, I hope to drop the remaining 80lbs by October... Wish me luck, I am going to need it!

Congrats to all of you out there - if you are on here, reading, entering, or just browsing, you have taken one more step than most people ever will! You should all be very proud of yourselves! I have one primarly philosophy now - Do something kind or thoughtful every single day and Karma will return you the goodwill when you need it most. LET'S GO BURN SOME CALORIES PEOPLE!!!!

Replies

• scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    Welcome! There are several of us Hoosiers on here. Everyone is very friendly and supportive. Add me as a friend if you'd like. Glad you are here!
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Amen Sistah!! Glad to hear that things are going well for you. I hope to find additional motivation and inspiration here. :)
  • elsie81
    elsie81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi i am a stress eater too , i am 41 from Halifax nova Scotia ..add me as a friend if you would like ...
  • Grungerat
    Options
    Aho! I'm a stress eater too and learning how to set your personal boundaries - like deciding that job was toxic for you - does wonders, doesn't it? You'll find great support here! You can do it!
  • mckenzie330
    mckenzie330 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    wow congratulations on your achievements, and thank you so much for the words of encouragement! I need motivation right now because I have plateued and am really feeling frustrated/down onmyself about my appearence.

"I have one primarly philosophy now - Do something kind or thoughtful every single day and Karma will return you the goodwill when you need it most. " --> I really, really admire you for this statement, and I will keep it in mind from now on! I try my best to be thoughtful and considerate of others, and I definitely agree that Karma will return what you put out into the universe.

Thanks for the post and best of luck with your endeavours! It sounds like despite the hardships you have had to face, you are still fighting to keep going, you still have goals you are striving for, and you are not giving up. That's extremely admirable - I lost my mom 8 years ago and still do this day I think about her often and miss her so much to the point that I sometimes want to give up, because I feel I can't do it without her. But I remember that giving up is the last thing she would want me to do , and that she is always with me in my heart.

Keep on keepin' on!

~McKenzie
  • MamaGX3
    Options
    Hi Stacy ! WELCOME! You are very inspiring to this newbie :) I'm from Greenwood .....not too far from you