advice on how to measure calorie count

Options
Hi

So I find it easier to make a large batch of coleslaw and portion it out but it occurred to me that while I know how much of each ingredient i used to make the whole batch, how should I then measure the calorie count for each portion.

Replies

• PamPam1488
    PamPam1488 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use the recipe tab in the food section. It is great, you just add all your ingredients and then evaluate how many portions you want from that batch. :)
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    for that sort of thing, I used the "recipes" section, guess how many servings I'll get out of it, then track and compare. it might take a batch or two to figure out how many servings you get out of one go.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    use the recipe tab to enter amounts for the whole batch, you would just need to figure out how much of the big batch is a typical serving for you and how many total so you can put total serving size
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I weigh everything. I made zuchinni bread the other day...so when I created a recipe for it, I waited until I could weigh the whole thing. So I figured it weighed X amount, and each portion would be X/4 (because of the small size). So when I cut off a piece for myself, I weighed it to figure. Here it is with easy numbers:

if your total recipe is 4 servings and each serving weighs say 100G, then if I portion out 110 G I know I have 1.1servings to log.
  • hoy1974
    hoy1974 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the advise everyone, I will do what you have suggested.

:)