Hungry Girl . . . 'Nuff Said

Options
I love love love love LOVE Hungry Girl recipes. I discovered her online a few months ago, and she has really helped me in my overall lifestyle change. I told myself awhile ago that in order to change my lifestyle, I still need to eat the foods that I love.

Example, last night I made her Calzones for my boyfriend . . . so yummy. I also like the red velvet cupcakes, baked ziti and jambalaya. Tonight I'm making breakfast for dinner with her cinnamon whole wheat pancakes.

Friend me if you love Hungry Girl and/or yummy, healthy recipes!!

Replies

• pdxscarlett
    pdxscarlett Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have three of her books so far. Between her and this site I finally feel like I have a chance at losing this weight. Hungry Girl really taught me how to eat yummy food w/o the guilt!

:drinker: cheers!
  • jellybeaninchic
    Options
    I love HG. I've tried alot of the recipes i get by email. Its nice to feel like you can still eat what you like and not feel guilty about it.
  • sbooth09
    Options
    I love Hungry Girl! I have two of her cookbooks, although one I loaned to a friend and haven't gotten back yet :(
  • tasiac23
    tasiac23 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I went on that website a few days ago and i was sssoooo happy i saw some DELICIUS healthy recipies to try!!!! I saved the site to my favorites :-D
  • mvedas
    mvedas Posts: 69
    Options
    I love it too! They have the best recipes, and really easy substitutions to make your favorite food, only healthy!
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Try skinnytaste.com. I like it better because I think the foods are a bit more wholesome. And way more delicious!
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    HG and Gina (skinnytaste) have awesome recipes!

The pumpkin spiced cupcakes are my (and my kids!) fav :smile:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I have to thank HG for turning me on to Almond Breeze. There are lots of good idea, but sometimes I think she uses way too many processed foods. Thanks for the rec on skinny taste, I'll look that up.

There is an HG show on Cooking Channel if you have access.
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my one complaint about Hungry Girl is that it's primarily processed foods and not the best for you in ways beyond having low calorie/fat content (i.e. HFCS, artificial sweeteners, etc)
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Bump