willpower is.....

Options

Replies

• StampingJen
    StampingJen Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    ...going through the McDonald's drive through and ordering something for my DS and nothing for me.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Overrated
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    not eat emotionally.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    walking by the Pretzel Factory in the mall and resisting the urge to gobble up warm, soft, salty pretzels. Piping hot pretzels smell amazing!!!

I love that feeling. I give myself a silent Master of Food Award every time it happens. My favorite is when I can breathe in deeply and enjoy the smell without even thinking of stopping. That's like the PhD of Food Mastery!

Just don't set me down in front of a big bowl of homemade trail mix or it's back to flunking Food Mastery 101!
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Great responses everyone! I sure wish I could have unlimted quantities of everything I want at all times without gaining. Unfortunatly, that would have put me over my goals for the day with it being 350 calories. I wasnt even hungry. I had just eaten, but sometimes aromas overwhelm my senses. I love food way too much, lol

I preplan all my meals every morning, so I know what and how much I can eat for the rest of the day. Giving in to that pretzel would've been pure sabatoge! Gotta stay focused!! Glad to know to others have similiar issues with this! Luckliy we know what we want more and thats a fit, healthy strong awesome body :)
  • ninav1980
    Options
    I don't believe in will power. I believe in fitting in so much good stuff into your every day life first that you don't have room for much of that isn't quite the best choice. After a while being balanced is so much of your normal lifestyle, that no will power is needed. You just live like a healthy person and know that you're treating your physical and emotional well-being right.

thats nice and all, but sometimes you just want a big salty pretzel, :laugh:
  • ninav1980
    Options
    ... eating whatever I want so long as it fits into my daily goals.

agreed, I woulve eaten if it wasnt gonna sabatoge my goals for the day
  • ninav1980
    Options
    sometimes it takes willpower to overcome an environment... like the donuts everyday in the coffee room.

my thoughts exactly....
  • sjeannot
    sjeannot Posts: 143
    Options
    the key to everything you want to accomplish. With it, you can do anything. Without it, you want to and try to but never do.
  • Schtroumpfkin
    Schtroumpfkin Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    only needed until habit kicks in.....
  • ninav1980
    Options
    Willpower is walking in the mall smelling cinnabun and not buying one, or driving past Krispy Kreme doughnuts when the hot n ready sign is lit up ohhhhhh the agony:laugh:

cinnabun is also another devil in disguise,lol
  • MomforNoah
    Options
    Going into the kitchen at work and not touching all the mini candy bars we always have..
  • MallieRose91
    MallieRose91 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    AND not eating my 2 1/2 year old's left over mac and cheese!

Oh man, that is the hardest for me! It barely makes it to the trash before I devour left overs. I have to immediately throw away any left overs (if there are any as I try to cook exactly how much we will eat) because if I try to save it for another lunch/meal, I end up eating it that night....or while I am putting it in tubberware. lol

Easy for me frankly. They put their hands everywhere and often in their food... Ew no thanks!!!

But when they buy pretzels or want cookies or want me to make them an ice cream cone... it gets tougher.

Unlucky for me, my son is 4 so he is out of that stage so eating leftovers are really easy. hahaha I completely agree with the second part also!!
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    eating just one chip

TELL me about it!
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Will power is finite. Think of will power as an elastic band it only stretches so far. Eventually it runs out and you can't sustain what your doing in order to achieve your goal. So set yourself realistic goals, use your will power wisely don't over stretch it and you will find your making progress on your path to success.

Actually according to recent studies willpower is actually like a muscle you can strengthen with repeated use.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/good-thinking/201306/how-boost-your-willpower

Willpower is not reaching for that fourth beer on a weds.............
  • Silver82
    Silver82 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ignoring the chicken cheese dip and chips my boss brings in for the employees.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    stopping the food train into my face, when i've hit my macros/calories for the day.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    AND not eating my 2 1/2 year old's left over mac and cheese!

I'm good at not eating my daughters leftovers, but she is big into feeding me from her plate right now. A person cannot refuse food from a 2 year old when it makes her so happy to give it to you.

Right?! I sometimes can resist the leftovers but no way can I refuse when she wants to feed me!
  • mackobri
    Options
    Going out to lunch with my sisters and watching as they each eat a cupcake for dessert. I just drank some more water! :]
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Losing weight on a diet of 700 to 1k cals per day but vomiting up the almonds you ate because I just didn't need the calories.