Anyone else losing weight to with plans to gain it back?

Options
OK, so I'm SO ready to have another baby, but I refuse to get pregnant at this weight. I still have a good 25 lbs or so to loose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight with my 16 month old. I can't imagine starting a pregnancy at my current weight.

Anyone else have short term goals (within the year) to get pregnant? I've put my husband off until June - after a good friend's wedding and enough time for me to lose the weight - to start trying again.

I'm already thinking this is the best motivation I've EVER had to lose weight :happy:

Replies

• jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    I am in a little bit of a similar situation. I want to lose weight so I feel healthier and have less problems when trying to have a baby:) My husband and I aren't trying yet but I hope to be ready by the time we do.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Negative :smile: We have all the puppies we need, and a pony waiting at home in VA for when law school ends. No need to add a rugrat in :wink:
  • jeorwa
    jeorwa Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yep. I have polycystic ovaries and don't cycle regularly. My doc told me losing weight would help fertility, as well as other problems. I'm insulin resistant and at greater risk to become diabetic and have heart disease. So, I'm doing it to get knocked up, and also to be healthier. Plus, looking HOT wouldn't be all that terrible either!
  • Aubers
    Aubers Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I posted about this just the other day :) I hate knowing I have to lose weight just to gain it back with a pregnancy but we do what we gotta do. I keep a positive mind knowing less weight will (in hopes) help with a better pregnancy all around. We have already been trying for 6 months with no luck, so hopefully once I get healthy and drop a few lbs we will be blessed with a baby :)