I finally lost weight! (and still going)

I haven't been on here in almost two months, and I just wanted to share that I'm finally beginning to become happy with my body! After a couple days of using MFP back in June, I gave up quickly. I started drinking soda again, not exercising etc. It got to the point where I almost gained TEN pounds. You could see it in my face, arms, stomach, and it was horrible. I was already overweight, and gaining even more weight just made me super depressed. So, last month I decided this time I'm sticking with it. I wanted to lose weight, and I was going to do it without giving up. I gave up soda completely, started eating WAY healthier, and added exercise into my daily routine. I was 155 lbs last month, and now I'm 140 lbs! I lost 15 lbs in a MONTH. My friends and family told me they can see a huge difference in this picture, but maybe just because I can't actually see myself actually losing weight over time - I still think it's not too much of a difference. Either way, I know I've lost weight and I know I can keep going!

0be1d48b-5045-44bf-b6df-5e2a1bb6698d_zps9a562c0a.jpg

Replies

• adamgoleafs87
    adamgoleafs87 Posts: 129 Member
    Awesome job, you can definitely see a change. Keep it up, MFP is an amazing tool!
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    This is awesome! congrats! You're doing great!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    15 lbs in a month... tell me your secret please. I lost weight...then gained a little then plateaued all while eating 1200 and under for 18 days.
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Definitely noticeable. Good job! :)
  • Babydunks
    Babydunks Posts: 4 Member
  • Babydunks
    Babydunks Posts: 4 Member
    15 lbs in a month... tell me your secret please. I lost weight...then gained a little then plateaued all while eating 1200 and under for 18 days.

Honestly, I just did really simple stuff. I cut off soda, then went to the grocery store and bought TONS of fruits/veggies, and on top of that I made sure I was exercising every day, or at least every other day. I also started taking diet pills (Even though I'm against them) because my friend lost a lot of weight of them. I take 2 complete coffee cleanse pills a day, and two all natural garcinia cambogia pills a day. I also gave myself ONE cheat day a week. I usually don't over do it. Maybe a small milkshake or a couple fries. Then the next day I'd exercise a lot more then normal. I basically just stuck to the simple diet that anybody can do at home, without going to a gym.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Awesome job! Wow you did fantastic! Congrats.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    cheat days ( reasonable ones! ) are amazing for people loosing weight and or doing low calorie diets. it helps you from going into starvation mode and hitting plateaus!

Honestly, I just did really simple stuff. I cut off soda, then went to the grocery store and bought TONS of fruits/veggies, and on top of that I made sure I was exercising every day, or at least every other day. I also started taking diet pills (Even though I'm against them) because my friend lost a lot of weight of them. I take 2 complete coffee cleanse pills a day, and two all natural garcinia cambogia pills a day. I also gave myself ONE cheat day a week. I usually don't over do it. Maybe a small milkshake or a couple fries. Then the next day I'd exercise a lot more then normal. I basically just stuck to the simple diet that anybody can do at home, without going to a gym.
  • lisanangel
    lisanangel Posts: 148 Member
    Hey you sound just like me ! !! I started going to the gym in June weighing 155 and by July I lost 21 pound !!! It's hard work but we can do it.... CONGRATS !!!:flowerforyou:
  • Way to go!!!!! Congrats :)
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    15 pounds ... WOW!!! I can definitely see a difference. CONGRATS!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!