I want cereal...lots of it!

Options
I do not feel that it is fair that cereal comes in serving sizes such as 3/4 or 2/3 cup. These are the portions for toddlers with a zip lock bag of Cheerios in their hands. I want a mixing bowl full of cereal! I will settle for not having a classic favorite, Lucky Charms, but would opt for Honey Bunches of Oats. I will even be good and use 1% organic milk (although 2% will die hard in my mind).
I feel like the first bite is always like heaven. Even not so good cereals I try for the first time are never THAT bad. There is something about the cold milk, the crunch of the cereal, and a slight inevitable metallic flavor of the spoon. mmmmmm
Anyways...because I will not be satiated with the miniscule serving size displayed prominently on the box, I am steering clear of cereal all together tonight. Perhaps I will lose this fighting battle, but only breakfast will tell.

Replies

• scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    I love the Fiber One varieties. They are 1 cup servings, and I typically log 1.5 servings. Gotta get that fiber!
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I want Alpha-Bits
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love the Fiber One varieties. They are 1 cup servings, and I typically log 1.5 servings. Gotta get that fiber!

I agree; the Fiber One cereals are great.
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    I agree! 2/3 cup is a serving. Not for me. I want to fill my big soup bowl to the rim. Therefore, I avoid cereal altogether. No willpower :cry:
  • activemom
    activemom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    but they're not "magically" delicious...........
  • TimH1970
    Options
    I love cereal too!! I still eat my chocolate mini wheat but I put organic yogurt on them instead of milk. Yummy!!!
  • Tuckersn
    Tuckersn Posts: 149
    Options
    Same here! it really doesn't matter which kind, though I really like kashi go-lean crunch cereals!! I try to buy the low-cal kinds just so I can have a ginormous bowl when I can't withstand temptation any longer. hahaha! Funny post!
  • Jokan
    Jokan Posts: 2
    Options
    Cereal is my greatest WEAKNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I looooooooooove cereal!! I could it eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner I swear! I only buy the cereal that has 1 cup serving size now lol...I agree...2/3 and 3/4 cup servings are weak!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Kashi is my new favorite. I've seen some people say they don't like it - but it is SO good to me - tastes natural, not like sugar-saturated cardboard like so many cereals. And surprise! It's relatively healthy!
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    Oh,I SOOOOO hear you!!

I enhance my cereal as much as I can. I use corn flakes and I add 1 Tablespoon of Mini Chocolate Chips and 1 Tablespoon of Slivered Honey Roasted almonds. I prepackage it all in a zip lock bag so it's all mixed together and ready to go. It is sweet enough, crunchy enough, and the almonds make for a good amount of good protein and flavor. I am like you. I would LOVE to have a HUGE SALAD BOWL full of cereal, but once I have my one-bag serving, I am satisfied. Try that. Oh, and Kellogg's Corn Flakes are 100 calories for 1 full cup! WooHoo!

Now, I must go and have a bowl of cereal!! LOL!
  • NeedABeach
    NeedABeach Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ooo that does sound good. I am such a sucker for chocolate especially in cereal. The cold milk keeps the chocolate at a great hardness that adds so much texture to cereal...and everything for that matter! Maybe Ill talk about that next time!
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Cookie Crisp is my favorite! One cup is only 117 calories....add the calories from your milk and you only have right at 200 calories from a bowl and it's amazing. Now, I don't do this often, because I'm like you....I get the smallest mixing bowl I can find and eat 2 portions of it! Yum!

So, I bought Special K Red Berries tonight! lol
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I want Alpha-Bits

ALPHA-BITS!!!!! Do they even make them anymore? Those things were the best!!!!!

And a general reply to the topic: Holy cow, I adore cereal. I will eat cereal for breakfast, dinner, and snacks. (Not usually for lunch, though...) But yeah. Cereal is the bomb. My favorite is Special K with Red Berries. Sometimes I go for a serving and a half, too. I go through cereal faster than any other food, I think.
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I am like that with buttered popcorn
    I love air popped popcorn with lots of butter and having just 3 or four cups of it is sooo hard. I want mixing bowls full of it to myself. At the movie theater I used to eat the hugest one allll by myself.

sigh. instead I just have less of it but more often so it fits into my daily calorie count
  • Chalktawmom
    Chalktawmom Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    yummmm. Corn Pops :sad:
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    This post made me remember once when my mother and I were doing Weight Watchers and (according to their program at the time) a serving was not measured in cups but in ounces--I think 3/4 of an ounce of cereal was considered a serving. We had a huge box of puffed rice cereal and by the time we measured 3/4 of an ounce we had enough cereal to fill a large mixing bowl. It took almost a half gallon of milk to make the cereal worth eating.
  • fitoverfifty
    fitoverfifty Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Eating cereal like that is basicly the same as eating cookies....

Get some steel cut oats, and cook them along with some flax seed....a little bit of that will fill you up...
  • brittyboo07
    brittyboo07 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just finished eating cereal! Multi-grain cheerios!!!! I don't have it all the time but I like it at night after my workouts when I need to eat a little bit but nothing heavy.
  • thesuperman
    thesuperman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love me some Cracklin' Oat Bran. I get too much exerecise with it , however, running to the bathroom all day.