Somehow struggling to meet caloric goals?

Options
Hey, I've been doing this for a little under 4 weeks now. Right now my daily calorie goal is 1330, but the past week or so I've been struggling to meet it! My cravings for food have decreased and I make myself eat meals even if I'm not hungry. I haven't been exercising because my guest pass at my sister's gym expired. But I'll have my own membership by Tuesday and be back in the gym burning calories and hopefully boosting my appetite. I've also noticed a plateau in my weight this past week whereas I usually notice some sort of weight loss every or every other day, despite being 100-200cal under my goal.

Is there anything I can be doing with my food to help me meet my calorie goals and maybe spur my appetite a bit? Should I be eating snacks?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I just gave up.

When I'm hungry, I eat more. When I'm not, I eat less. The week before my period sees a huge spike. The week where it's ending/over sees much less. There are a couple days I chow down and a couple days where I just eat enough to take my pills.

Talk to your doctor and make sure he is on board. You want to be healthy! Once your doctor is good with it, do what you want.

Struggling to eat up or down to a number is okay, but so is listening to your body.
  • Arsenal1919
    Arsenal1919 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You're doing well to survive a low total of 1330 and be able to come in under.
    Well done for that.
    I have no answers.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    talenti9pak-w-scoop_thumb.jpg
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    20120806-127677-Steak-and-Avocado-small.jpg
  • haleighface
    haleighface Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The week before my period sees a huge spike. The week where it's ending/over sees much less. There are a couple days I chow down and a couple days where I just eat enough to take my pills.

This actually might have something to do with it! I just ended my period. Hm... I'll have to see if this repeats again next month.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    20120806-127677-Steak-and-Avocado-small.jpg

This actually looks better than the ice cream! OMG I'm sick I tell you!!!
  • haleighface
    haleighface Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Both those things sound/look absolutely delicious. Avocado is a good idea to boost calories! Good thing we're leaving Costco with about ten of them right now.