Friends on here to help keep me motivated. :)

Options
Hi ALL! :) I am just looking for some friends on here...I don't have many to help keep me motivated in this 50 pounds weight-loss journey! Add me. ~Melissa <333

Replies

• mommyofjan
    mommyofjan Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I like to cheer on others on their journey. Add me if you like :smile:
  • NonSpeakingNotSilent
    Options
    I also have 50 to loose! I will add you
  • barsandbodegas
    Options
    I'm also looking to lose about 50 lbs. It's hard to stay motivated, especially without support. I'll add you :)
  • Mattchsfld
    Options
    Me. 2
  • Mischabellaa
    Mischabellaa Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey there..I log on daily..please feel free to add me :)
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The door is open, c'mon in. :)

For those of you on this thread that would like help and support, please feel free to add me - will be happy to pay it forward in the way that others have done for me...

The past is done. The future will be here soon enough. What you have to do is focus on today & today only. Its all we have to work with.

I woulda been dead in 5 years if I hadn't made this commitment. All signs were pointing that way.

Just a few things the MFP tribe and common sense has taught me:

1) This is a thing you DO, not a definition of who you ARE. Just like laundry. Take the emotion out of it wherever possible. I cannot stress this enough.

2) My approach? This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. So there is no finite number of days that I am trying to get to. I will be logging in and logging food for the rest of my life, because:

a) This program works
    b) I don't want to die young and I was headed that direction

3) Try to remember - We are the results of the choices we make every day, whether those choices are good or bad. Make as many good choices as you can, and the ship will stay steady. At the end of the day, we are the man in the mirror. We are accountable to ourselves and no one else. I can help you with getting there, but the doing is up to you. Leave rationalizing at the door, and be honest with yourself. Its the only path to long term success

Cal tracking is considered a good choice (whether boring or not) because it tells you where you really are (just like your check register tells you your balance) - remember to be honest with yourself all the time. Ultimately, you will achieve that which you are seeking much sooner.

If you will commit to doing the work, your MFP tribe will commit to helping. Why? Because that's what we do. And we have ALL been there.

Three months ago? I couldn't move. Saturday? I burned 2100 calories exercising. Because? I wanted to.

You got this.

Fsunami
  • tolorii
    tolorii Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Request sent!