50/50 by my birthday

Options
Hello everyone,

This site is much better than others i've seen. I just joined and feel better already. It will take some doing to lose 50 lbs but that's my goal. The plan was 50 lbs by my birthday January 14, I'll turn 50....we'll see.

Julz

Replies

• wordsplus
    Options
    Hello everyone,

This site is much better than others i've seen. I just joined and feel better already. It will take some doing to lose 50 lbs but that's my goal. The plan was 50 lbs by my birthday January 14, I'll turn 50....we'll see.

Julz
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile: . At 2 lbs a week is 52 lbs in 26 weeks or 6 months.

I love to give tips and they are:
    1) Log it BEFORE you eat it, this can help you make wise choices :tongue:
    2) Weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:

Wishing you much success :drinker:
  • pamelawilliams
    Options
    Welcome:

Good luck on you weight loss journey. Take your time, loss the weight the correct way ( decrease calories and increase exercise and the weight will stay off. :smile:

85625.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    You can do it! This site is a wonderful resource. Hope a big birthday party is in the works :smile:
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Welcome and early congrats on turning 50. :drinker: :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    HI! Good luck. this is a great site with wonderful information from fabluous people. I started about 2 months ago to really work on it. It took approx 2 wks to break the fast food, easy fix foods habit

I find that it as easy to eat healthy, as it is to eat junk if you prepare a little bit.

I chop my veggies on my least busy day (sunday for me) i buy A LOT of fruit. I NEVER ate fruit. Now it goes in cottage cheese, apples with low fat cheddar and my best freind activia yogurt. No junk food in the house. My hubby and 23 yr old son grumbled, but now we fight over the last peach.

I have a few tricks i have learned from other MFP's. 1/4 of your plate for meat, 1/4 for starch and fill the rest with veggies.

i chop peppers, onions, carrots...add it to sauces, meatloafs and other veggies. it is great with brocc, cauliflower,even corn. is

I ALWAYS have sea salt almonds in my car. I put 10 in my hand and eat slowly. I helps me resist the fast foods (i swear i gained a pound passing a KFC the other night0

The really cool thing i have noticed lately is i do not want the junk. i love my own cheeseburgers with lean beef, there is a great buffalo chicken 'wing' recipe on the site.

when you hit a plateau (and you will) read Banks thread, it saved me from giving up.

You can do it....have a great time and I look foward to the 'after' photos!
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You can do it. I wanted to lose 50 and am now at 48 - but have increased that goal to 57 (my age in Nov). I NEVER thought I could do it - but with this as a resource, it has made it ALMOST fun. It's a challenge to yourself when you log in your food and see exactly what you are eating.

You have come to the right place to get movitavation and support. Glad you are here :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck girlie! You can do it! The first two weeks are the toughest, but after that, you will become your own pro!

:flowerforyou: