Wine Calories??

Options
Hello Friends,

I've been doing pretty good sticking to a new healthier diet but I love having a couple of glasses of wine per week. Watching the playoff games (Go Steelers!!!) I tend to have a glass of wine or if I'm at dinner...am I really delaying weight loss by having wine in my diet? I gave up fried food for the month of Jan but I didn't give up my 2 glasses of wine per week :(

Replies

• ScorchPA
    Options
    Go Steelers!!!!

If you're having 2 glasses of wine per week, that's totally ok, just keep the calories in mind.

I have at least 1 drink a night and some night 2,,,, average probably 10 drinks a week. Like I tell everyone, My goal is for a lifestyle change, and not a one time diet. If I cut out alcohol all together it would be a much harder time.

Good luck
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I have a friend on here who has successfully lost a significant amount of weight, and is still losing, and she continues to have a glass of wine each day. She works it into her calorie counts. I know that's only anecdotal evidence, but she's an example that it can be done.

Good luck.

Oh, and: GO PACKERS!
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    2 per week isn't a big deal, now, 2 per day will be a prob. Cal wise its not bad, 100 per glass apx so as long as you bugjet that in for the day it's all good. Plus red wine is actually good for you, lowers risk of heart disease and what not, so i say go for it.
  • morae
    morae Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love having wine at dinner, I always make sure I have 200 calories extra for it... plus if you know you will have a cocktail or two that day, budget it in early. Walk a little extra. Do what you have to do... I look foreward to that glass of red wine..

good luck, Morae
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Gooooo Steelers!

I work my alcohol calories into my day. I prefer white zin, but I've found that chardonnay has less calories so I started liking that instead. I can't bring myself to drink red though....
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    and beware the post alcohol bloat - it goes away, but usually there is extra water after a night of mostly alcohol dinner calories, *laugh*
  • supico1
    supico1 Posts: 34
    Options
    Great suggestions!! I don't feel so bad... I drink Merlot so its red wine. I might be going to the Steelers game this weekend! I know I'll have a couple of glasses :) Its hard to live in Pittsburgh and go to a playoff game without my Merlot!

GO STEELERS!!
  • supico1
    supico1 Posts: 34
    Options
    Yes Morae, I look sooo forward to my glasses of wine LOL