Logging Zumba ?

Options
I want to log my exercise for the day...I can't find Zumba on the database and I have no idea how many calories I burned...any suggestions?

Replies

• elizabetheprice
    elizabetheprice Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great question! i have tried to log it too to no avail. Hope someone can help us out!
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You really need a heart rate monitor.. You can pick up one from amazon for about 40 bucks.
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You can log it under dancing. A lot of people do that.
  • nichole4413
    nichole4413 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    right... idk i just put it in as dance fast how do you guys like it and may i ask where you guys are doing zumba at i.e. home gym class. im doing it at the y its hard finding a good instructor since im new
  • SunshineRowe
    Options
    I log it as high impact aerobics..cause the class I take is really high impact
    and you sweat a whole lot
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I log mine is as aerobics high impact for an hr. Sometimes our instuctor tells us how much we should have burned.
  • doitforyoubeth
    Options
    I logged it as high impact aerobics too and the Zumba Instructor at my gym said that was about right.
  • Stylist4Christ
    Options
    Ok High impact sounds right...We did nonstop moving and I was dripping sweat!! LOVE IT!!

I am in North Idaho and Zumba at out local gym, to answer your question!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I log it as high impact aerobics..cause the class I take is really high impact
    and you sweat a whole lot

What she said. I don't think my instructor has blood in her veins. Only Red Bull.
  • tnmomof4
    Options
    I just bought Zumba and did the cardio party dvd tonight. I wasn't sure how to log it so i just put high impact aerobics. Not sure if that was right.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Ok High impact sounds right...We did nonstop moving and I was dripping sweat!! LOVE IT!!

I am in North Idaho and Zumba at out local gym, to answer your question!

its fab isnt it? Im in england. Been going to zumba since last july and am addicted!!
  • cgodbee
    Options
    I take Zumba and the website says 400-600 Calories depends on how hard you work out....
  • BlueEyedTwin333
    Options
    The best I can think to log Zumba is to put it under dancing/ aerobic. It is dancing after all. It's probably not as MUCH calories as you're burning but I figured it was close. At least until someone can figure out what it is exactly. Hope this helped :)
  • Stylist4Christ
    Options
    I suppose if the website wanted to enter it into the database then it would have to have a few different categories just for Zumba anyhow! I have done Zumba to high intensity, meduim and low. hmmmmm
  • Stylist4Christ
    Options
    agreed!
  • skinnygirlfreed
    Options
    I definitely recommend a heart rate monitor. However, you could try this site:
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

It takes your weight into account. I just calculated the kickboxing I did this evening as aerobics (high impact). The result was pretty accurate to what my HRM calculated.

Someone could create a "Zumba" workout to use on the site. It may not be completely accurate, because of differing weights. It would be an estimate, though. Once created, you can adjust the time & calories you actually burn.