Intermittent fasting to lose 5 Lbs.

Options
2»

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    well ok let me rephrase.. forget the number on the scale.... i

If i gained 10 lbs and lost 2 inches i would be so happy............. great , even better.....:)!

usually though measurments on my body and scale go hand in hand.. so its eisier to just say 5 lbs.. it gives people an idea

than lift weights
    eat at or just below maintenance....
    Wash, rinse, dry, repeat
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Plain and simple: eat a little less food.

You haven't said anything about actually weighing your food with a food scale. How do you know what your intake is?

I weigh everything... use calorie counters. you name it....since i have been maintaining for over 25 years.. i am methodical because if go ABOVE my calorie i jump up to 135 what feels like overnight.... if i CUT the calorie.s. i do go down. but like i have to cut to 800 just to weigh 125.. not very healthy.. done with that..

Maybe you're supposed to be the weight you are, 130? Have you ever thought of that. I mean, it sounds like you're doing everything possible to restrict yourself (which in my opinion isn't good). If you're having to cut your calories extremely low then that's your body's way of saying, "NO, I'm comfortable at 130!" Eat healthy, do moderate exercise (change it up throughout the week) and don't obsess over your number.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have been intermittent fasting and I LOVE it!!!! It helps me to stay under my calorie goal because I am only eating between 11am and 6:30 pm. I used to be a late night snacker. I did not count calories over the past weeked due to a birthday party. I am back on track today.
  • maria_antoinette
    maria_antoinette Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    yeah i dont eat at night anymore at all!!!
  • maria_antoinette
    Options
    well ok let me rephrase.. forget the number on the scale.... i

If i gained 10 lbs and lost 2 inches i would be so happy............. great , even better.....:)!

usually though measurments on my body and scale go hand in hand.. so its eisier to just say 5 lbs.. it gives people an idea

than lift weights
    eat at or just below maintenance....
    Wash, rinse, dry, repeat

yes thats what i am doing... i did MORE cardio then weights in the past which did nothing but make me gain weight.. so now i will switch that up and that should do the trick i hope..
  • maria_antoinette
    Options
    yep.. thats what i am doing...
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your bodytype and lifestyle. Intermittent fasting works VERY well for me. I still consume all of my macros I just do it in an 8 hour window. I usually workout fasted when time permits (but that is what I prefer because I feel gross working out with food in my stomach). By the time I am ready to eat it is 10am and I allow myself to eat my meals (ALL my calories too!!!) until 6 PM. My window changes depending on my day. For me....it works. It's not everyone's preferred method. You may want to give it a try for a week and see how it goes. If it works for you, great. If not, then you'll know rather than relying solely on what others tell you (because we all have different body types). Some people think IF is crazy talk, but putting food in my mouth at 7 AM just has NO appeal to me whatsoever and NEVER helped me to lose any weight. But working out fasted and eating at 10AM (based on what time I wake up-it could be noon if I sleep in on the weekend, then workout, then run errands before I eat) and then eating all of my macros/calories, etc). until 6 PM...lost 90 pounds....so there you go. When I went off the IF protocol I gained weight back...went back on and guess what happened...burned off the weight.
    I also lift weights (not those piddly 5pound ones either)- again: works for me, but perhaps not for others
    I also eat clean and stay away from land animals and dairy products (people think that's nuts too)- again: works for me :-)
    Having said that: try IF out if you want and determine if it works for YOU and if YOU can live with it :-)

Hope this helps. Just ONE of many viewpoints :-)
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options

You haven't said anything about actually weighing your food with a food scale. How do you know what your intake is?

I weigh everything... use calorie counters. you name it....since i have been maintaining for over 25 years.. i am methodical because if go ABOVE my calorie i jump up to 135 what feels like overnight.... if i CUT the calorie.s. i do go down. but like i have to cut to 800 just to weigh 125.. not very healthy.. done with that..

Is it possible that your healthy lean body just has 5 more lbs. of lean muscle than you would like? Why are you concentrating on the number it says on a scale? Sounds and looks like you are at a healthy and thin body now. Why the need to cut down to 125? Even your body rebels against it, so why not listen to it telling you that your ideal weight is 130? Just a thought.
  • maria_antoinette
    Options

Is it possible that your healthy lean body just has 5 more lbs. of lean muscle than you would like? Why are you concentrating on the number it says on a scale? Sounds and looks like you are at a healthy and thin body now. Why the need to cut down to 125? Even your body rebels against it, so why not listen to it telling you that your ideal weight is 130? Just a thought.

In the past, once i am around this weight around 130 i am feeling all FLY and skinny and i go and FALL OFF THE WAGON and end up gaining weight only to diet again to get back to 130... (never past 135)....

THIS TIME I at the maintenance phase i am LOGGING IN EVERYDAY and logging what i eat..to notice patterns etc.. and funny enough.. no WEIGHT GAIN... i think thats because i LOSE focus when i feel thin... so if after logging in and weighing myself etc. and being accountable for a few months and i am STILL 130.. then perfect :) !!! my body weight wins.. whatever.. i look good anyway....

but the way things are going.. and me ACTUALLY monitoring my maintenance....i feel thinner allready... so i am pretty sure that all these 20 years.. i have just been EATING to much once i hit that 130 mark....
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    So, based on how you describe your diet, you have been eating Paleo correct? Is that how you have been effectively maintaining or is that a new way of eating for you?

I am not as familiar with the specifics of that lifestyle, but if that has been working for you so far, what is recommended in Paleo when you are not losing as much weight as you want?
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options

In the past, once i am around this weight around 130 i am feeling all FLY and skinny and i go and FALL OFF THE WAGON and end up gaining weight only to diet again to get back to 130... (never past 135)....

THIS TIME I at the maintenance phase i am LOGGING IN EVERYDAY and logging what i eat..to notice patterns etc.. and funny enough.. no WEIGHT GAIN... i think thats because i LOSE focus when i feel thin... so if after logging in and weighing myself etc. and being accountable for a few months and i am STILL 130.. then perfect :) !!! my body weight wins.. whatever.. i look good anyway....

but the way things are going.. and me ACTUALLY monitoring my maintenance....i feel thinner allready... so i am pretty sure that all these 20 years.. i have just been EATING to much once i hit that 130 mark....

You got it, sister! You are already thin and now just maintaining it is the answer. Forget the thought in your head. Just keep logging in maintenance mode. Why stress about the extra 5 lbs. below your maintenance? You look great. Keep the healthy in mind now too. :flowerforyou:
  • maria_antoinette
    Options
    So, based on how you describe your diet, you have been eating Paleo correct? Is that how you have been effectively maintaining or is that a new way of eating for you?

I am not as familiar with the specifics of that lifestyle, but if that has been working for you so far, what is recommended in Paleo when you are not losing as much weight as you want?

I have been maintaining for years just by watching my calories.... the only reason i started paleo is because i can seriously do without the sugar and white starch and dairy from stomach issues.. so why not.. also i noticed that i am not hungry when i ear more fat llike they suggest.... so maintenance is more fun when you are not starving... PALEO feels eiser to maintain...
  • maria_antoinette
    Options
    I think it depends on your bodytype and lifestyle. Intermittent fasting works VERY well for me. I still consume all of my macros I just do it in an 8 hour window. I usually workout fasted when time permits (but that is what I prefer because I feel gross working out with food in my stomach). By the time I am ready to eat it is 10am and I allow myself to eat my meals (ALL my calories too!!!) until 6 PM. My window changes depending on my day. For me....it works. It's not everyone's preferred method. You may want to give it a try for a week and see how it goes. If it works for you, great. If not, then you'll know rather than relying solely on what others tell you (because we all have different body types). Some people think IF is crazy talk, but putting food in my mouth at 7 AM just has NO appeal to me whatsoever and NEVER helped me to lose any weight. But working out fasted and eating at 10AM (based on what time I wake up-it could be noon if I sleep in on the weekend, then workout, then run errands before I eat) and then eating all of my macros/calories, etc). until 6 PM...lost 90 pounds....so there you go. When I went off the IF protocol I gained weight back...went back on and guess what happened...burned off the weight.
    I also lift weights (not those piddly 5pound ones either)- again: works for me, but perhaps not for others
    I also eat clean and stay away from land animals and dairy products (people think that's nuts too)- again: works for me :-)
    Having said that: try IF out if you want and determine if it works for YOU and if YOU can live with it :-)

Hope this helps. Just ONE of many viewpoints :-)

LOVE IT!!! I am trying it :) !!! why NOT right? i am in maintence phase anyway.. trying to find out things to do that will help me NOT gain weight.. and this seems great... i will mix it up.. this is my monitored experiment year
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    yes thats what i am doing... i did MORE cardio then weights in the past which did nothing but make me gain weight.. so now i will switch that up and that should do the trick i hope..
    I don't think you're understanding. You did not gain weight from the cardio. You gained weight by eating a calorie surplus. Which most likely proves that you aren't weighing your food, and logging accurately like you say.

Calorie surplus = weight gain
    calorie deficit = weight loss
    ^ these happen by what you consume. your activity level determines how much you can eat.
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're understanding. You did not gain weight from the cardio. You gained weight by eating a calorie surplus. Which most likely proves that you aren't weighing your food, and logging accurately like you say.

^ these happen by what you consume. your activity level determines how much you can eat.

This ^ Cardio will never be the reason you gained weight. Exercise doesn't make you fat. Food does.
  • maria_antoinette
    Options

This ^ Cardio will never be the reason you gained weight. Exercise doesn't make you fat. Food does.

Of course i realize that... thats why i am never going to EAT extra calories just because i spin....
    i think i just totally proved CALORIE SURPLUS = WEIGHT GAIN
  • maria_antoinette
    Options

I gained weight because i ATE MORE .. of course.. 1000%....thats what i am saying... just because you do cardio with a belt saying you burned 1000 calories does not mean you can go eat an extra 500-1000 calories.. I TOTALLY PROVED THAT ..

spinning does not make you gain weight if you dont eat more.. that would be silly.....