smoking and health

Options
Is there anybody honest enough to admit they are smoking and dieting to be healthy? Is this possible? Cant have both!! Why work out and eat healthy while at the same time destroying your insides? Food for thought.

Replies

• tremroy1
    tremroy1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have lost both parents and now friends who were heavy smokers. Not amusing to see people in agony. I thought forums were for open discussion....not trying to be critical. Just asking a question.
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Well I'll be honest and admit it lol, but Doc is happy with my health, I have no need for blood pressure meds anymore and I feel great!

each to his own
  • UK34
    UK34 Posts: 23
    Options
    Well I'm not smoking for my health. I'm smoking because I'm addicted.

Exactly! ha ha good answer!

The main reason for wanting to be the weight I am is too feel good. Not much to do with health really.

If I went on a major health mission, then yes stopping smoking would be thought about.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I smoke because I enjoy it.
  • JimSheets69
    JimSheets69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For many years I smoked because I am addicted. That did not change the fact that needed to work on muscular health. This year I decided that I will never QUITE smoking like the other hundred times I have tried and failed....I will always be addicted to cigs so, This time I will see how long I can go in between cigarettes. SO far it has been 8 months and counting.