Gamers and Music Lovers?

Options
I would like to make some new friends, so I was wondering if anyone on here was a gamer, or liked metal, rock, alternative, or punk rock? If you are a gamer, what's your favorite game and why? If you like any of the aforementioned music genres, who's your favorite band and why?

Replies

• dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I like Anything from Iron Maiden, to Chevelle. For Gym use I listen to Five finger Death Punch, System of a down, Disturbed, The Used, and Pink Floyd, Anything with an Angry sound to it seems to pump me up. My kids love xbox. I usually only play Age of Empires 3 on my pc. When I work out I don't get much time to play though.
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Greetings! I've been a gamer since 1993, when I got my first Game Boy and Super Nintendo. I was ballin'. haha. My favorite game of all time is probably Final Fantasy VII...I loved the story, characters and gameplay. My favorite artist out of those music genres (I'll take alternative) is Beck. I have all his albums but I feel like I'm constantly discovering new things in his music.
  • pieconspiracy
    Options
    Hey! :D I like both of the things you asked about.
    For music, my favourite bands are Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Apocalyptica, Rise Against, Static X... to name a few. As for games, I quite like Left 4 Dead 2, Resident Evil 4, the God of War series, and Portal. I've been paying Call of Duty on and off, but to be honest I still prefer MW2 over Black Ops.
    What about yourself? Have you been to any concerts?
  • james3302
    james3302 Posts: 119
    Options
    I listen to a range of music(at least I think it's a range). Opeth, Dream Theater, Tool, Five Finger Death Punch, Hatebreed, Mad Caddies, Rise Against, Living Syndication, Flogging Molly, NIN etc. As far as games I like the Grand Theft Auto games, Gran Turismo and Rock Band(currently drumming on Rock Band 3.
  • armywifeliz
    Options
    Gamer: I married one! Ha. We play D&D and WoW. Music: I used to promote unsigned metal bands about 10 years ago in Knoxville, TN. I like all kinds of music, everything from Static X, Godsmack, Union Underground, Distrubed, Nickelback, to Montgomery Gentry and Gretchen Wilson.

:)
  • jjclem07
    jjclem07 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I AM A GAMER!! Have been since Atari! I am a Silent Hill, Resident Evil, GoW and Final Fantasy kinda girl!! Don't even get me started on my music!! My husband was so happy when I started on MP3. He no longer stepped on CD covers and disc.

Favs depend on my day and moods: Five Finger Death Punch, 10 Years, Flaw, Florence & The Machine, Imogen Heap, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Fair To Midland.....love my music.

I would love to be friends..
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hi sorry to butt in, but everybody was saying about five Finger Death Punch and I thought I would go on utube and have a listen, I love that sort of music!!! My friend is a metalhead so I have heard some of it before and in a tattoists we have been in they listened to that stuff. Normally my music is trance stuff, but I do like a bit of screaming!!!
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I play the odd game. Guessing your a fan of bioshock? I recently tried bioshock2 and it gave me motion sickness *rofl* Really enjoyign bordelands right now.
  • benitocereno
    benitocereno Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Guilty of both! I've been gaming since 1985 as a tot, and I've been playing drums for ~11 years.

For games: almost any RPG (although I have less patience than I used to!), action games like Super Meat Boy, shooters, etc. My wife knows when Diablo 3 comes out to expect me to disappear for a few months. I've been preparing her for about a year now :smile:

For music: Punk/Indie (The Clash, Submission Hold, Piebald, Jets to Brazil, Greenday, old Incubus, etc etc... okay that's a weird group to lump together, we'll just call it "the high school" phase), Prog Rock (RUSH!), and lots of experimental / misc (huge Pink Floyd / Radiohead / Mars Volta / At The Drive In fan). Van Halen (w/ Diamond Dave ofc!). Pretty much any other classic rock too. I used to be really into Metallica, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Ultraspank, Rage Against the Machine, System of a Down, etc, but as I've gotten older and less angry it has lost some appeal :laugh:. Still my go-to for working out though! System of a Down seems to have remained the most relevant out of any of those 'metal' bands for me, gotta love Serj.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    7 weeks ago I'd have said I was an avid gamer (world of warcraft) however since starting to train I have no enthusiasm for it. Something I never ever imagined myself saying.