high protein percentage food

Options
Hello!
Please ,can U help me group that food that contains MORE proteins than fats and carbohydrates?
many thanks!!!

Replies

• Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Meat eater: Chicken. Buy organic unless you like mercury.

Vegetarian: Eggs. Buy organic unless you like mercury.

Vegan: Much trickier. Tofu or roasted soybeans were recommended on one lowcarb vegan site I found. Also wheat gluten, seeds, and nuts.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    seafood, fish, greek yogurt, cheese, chicken, beef, pork
  • Michifan
    Michifan Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Organic doesn't mean low mercury. And outside of certain fish and shellfish, the mercury levels in most food is not even a concern for pregnant women. I buy organically that taste better, so I'm not anti organic. But mercury poisoning in chickens is a bit of a stretch and can as likely happen to organic farmers as mercury isn't in feed, but can be in groundwater.

I eat a lot of fish (I like mercury), turkey breast and chicken. An egg poached on smoked salmon is a healthy treat. I think that when you are eating whole foods with lean protein, the fat you are eating is healthy and helps reduce hunger. Keep the calories low and eat lots of green vegetables (low in sugars).
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Organic doesn't mean low mercury. And outside of certain fish and shellfish, the mercury levels in most food is not even a concern for pregnant women. I buy organically that taste better, so I'm not anti organic. But mercury poisoning in chickens is a bit of a stretch and can as likely happen to organic farmers as mercury isn't in feed, but can be in groundwater.

I eat a lot of fish (I like mercury), turkey breast and chicken. An egg poached on smoked salmon is a healthy treat. I think that when you are eating whole foods with lean protein, the fat you are eating is healthy and helps reduce hunger. Keep the calories low and eat lots of green vegetables (low in sugars).

I read a study where a lab tested chickens and found organic were lowest in mercury of the three choices. One choice was chickens deliberately fed products containing mercury to fatten them, one was non-organic but not fed these products, the third was organic.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Meat eater: Chicken. Buy organic unless you like mercury.

Vegetarian: Eggs. Buy organic unless you like mercury.

Alan and I are Crazy about a Mercury
    hqdefault.jpg
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

I read a study where a lab tested chickens and found organic were lowest in mercury of the three choices. One choice was chickens deliberately fed products containing mercury to fatten them, one was non-organic but not fed these products, the third was organic.

What did they consider organic? Not being snarky, the definition of organic as it applies to food labeling in the US is pretty broad.
  • pilvi3
    pilvi3 Posts: 200
    Options
    Wgich vegetables have the biggest protein / fats and protein / carbohydrates ratio?

eggs do not containt carbohydrates, but they do contain fats..almost as much as proteins...
  • tasha1db
    tasha1db Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    To be honest most foods which are high in protein will also have a slightly higher fat count. This shouldn't be a problem if they are the right type of fats. Take foods such as oily fish, eggs, avocados etc, all high fat but good fats and high in protein. My diet is based on c50-60% protein and fats because I find it easier to burn this off through exercise and as result have become leaner and more toned. My bodyfat count is now down to 19% from 23% in 3 months. Cutting out sugar is really the key and concentrate on protein. Don't be too concerned with fat.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Wgich vegetables have the biggest protein / fats and protein / carbohydrates ratio?

eggs do not containt carbohydrates, but they do contain fats..almost as much as proteins...

Avocado for fats / legumes for carbs and protein
  • pilvi3
    Options
    Hi!
    I found white cow cheese to containt 13 g proteins on 100 g product

fats 0.5 g to 100 g cheese

carbohydrates 3.5 on 100 g cheese

Few days ago I had some protein bars and when I wrote them into our table, I realised it contained less proteins then written on embalage...what yre your experiences?
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Mercury levels in fish varies quite greatly too! Freshwater fish is pretty low on the mercury front, things like tuna and mackerel are high.

Mercury in chickens?! This I have never heard of! :sad:
  • pilvi3
    Options
    How about losos?
  • pilvi3
    Options
    why : cheat>???
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Google is your friend.
  • megangr2014
    megangr2014 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting that cheat sheet, very helpful.

OP - click on the post! Lol
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky is a good bet if you are a carnivore (like meat i don't mean literally lol) and don't mind a little sodium. You can get healthy lower sodium brands too if that concerns you.

E.g

Mariani - Soft Beef Jerky 90g (2 packets) 32g protein 450mg sodium 201 calories.

That's quite a lot of protein for 200 cals.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Please ,can U help me group that food that contains MORE proteins than fats and carbohydrates?
    many thanks!!!

chkn breast
    fat free cottage chz
    greek yogurt
    skim milk
    certain fish (tuna)
    tuna pouches....like Starkist
    protein powders
    tofu
    egg whites
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting that cheat sheet, very helpful.

OP - click on the post! Lol

No problem :smile:

OP if you click on it you'll see its just a quick reference guide to the level of protein found in common foods together with serving sizes. Its really useful.
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Kidney beans, tuna, whey powder, chicken, lentils, green yogurt, eggs