Help! I can't lose weight!

Options
Ok so I have made myself a plan, I work out 6 days a week doing heavy weights, interval training and pole dancing!
I have six small meals a day which includes porridge oats with skimmed milk and blueberries, bananas, greek yogurt, white fish/ chicken with broccoli, asparagus and spinach. Then for Tea I have chicken/ fish sweet potato and greens again!

Don't get me wrong I do have a cheat day and sometimes my restraint snaps and I have something sweet, but i'm normally pretty good!

However I am not losing any weight, and I have been doing this for 4 weeks now!

Please HELP!!

To give you an idea I am 63 kg and 20% body fat and I'm 5 ft 6!

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you may be eating more calories than you are burning.

What is your calorie target?
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    To give you an idea I am 63 kg and 20% body fat and I'm 5 ft 6!

not that i put any stock in the BMI tables, but you're already at a healthy weight. what are your goals? how much do you want to lose?

are you logging your food? if so, are you measuring everything to get an accurate count? just your food descriptions alone sound fine, but without seeing your food diary that's a hard call to make.

since you're doing heavy lifting and interval training, it's possible that you're building muscle while you're losing fat. since muscle weighs more, the scale might not reflect all your efforts but you'll see changes in your measurements and how your clothes fit. sometimes that can be a far better indicator that you're doing things right.
  • s_selvester
    s_selvester Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1650 calories and 1750 daily, I measure all my food to make sure it stays between this. :)
  • s_selvester
    Options
    My goals are to just tone, I know I'm at a healthy BMI now, its just I want some definition!

I haven't tried to measure myself, that's a good idea! A lot of people have commented that I look like I've lost weight but when the scales don't show it, its a bit depressing!
  • OllyJ_79
    OllyJ_79 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1650 calories and 1750 daily, I measure all my food to make sure it stays between this. :)

How are you measuring? Are you using a digital scale?
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    The subject/topic is misleading. If you're wanting to see more definition and you are lifting heavy, sometimes the scale may fluctuate up before it goes down.

Give it time. ...and if you're truly wanting to lose weight, measure everything!
  • s_selvester
    Options

How are you measuring? Are you using a digital scale?

Yeah I'm using a normal scale and just weighing it.
  • s_selvester
    Options
    The subject/topic is misleading. If you're wanting to see more definition and you are lifting heavy, sometimes the scale may fluctuate up before it goes down.

Give it time. ...and if you're truly wanting to lose weight, measure everything!

Well I've been told to see proper definition I need to lose more weight first!

Thank you though.