23 confirmations on an inaccurate entry...

Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
What gives? Can anyone edit an entry after it's been confirmed without affecting the confirmation count or something?

I'm referring to one of the entries for large eggs from Eggland's Best, by the way - 23 confirmations for the entry that says they are 60 calories... when large eggs are 70 calories for 50g.

I love MFP but really, there should be a way to get rid of duplicate/inaccurate entries.

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Hm, that made me curious so I checked the EB website and according to them, there are only 60 calories in their large egg. So, apparently the listing is correct.

http://www.egglandsbest.com/health-and-nutrition/superior-nutrition/eb-eggs-vs-ordinary-eggs.aspx
  • Francl27
    My box shows 70 calories :laugh:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I have found various entries that have lots of confirmations...but when I look it's not what I see on the package...

I typically look at the last confirmation date...it's usually pretty old

or

I look on the website.

But remember 1 large egg vs grams...

Our large eggs are anywhere from 52-57 grams...our extra large 57-62g
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Yes. You can edit entries yourself. I know I have inputed potassium on entries that didn't have it. But most of the time, I just poke around in the database until I find the most suitable entry.
  • Francl27
    I have found various entries that have lots of confirmations...but when I look it's not what I see on the package...

I typically look at the last confirmation date...it's usually pretty old

or

I look on the website.

But remember 1 large egg vs grams...

Our large eggs are anywhere from 52-57 grams...our extra large 57-62g

Yeah I weigh them when I can, although I've had some 46g ones too.
  • lilystan
    lilystan Posts: 24 Member
    I usually chatge myself the highest (if reasonable) to make sure I know where I stand.
    :smile:
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    I usually chatge myself the highest (if reasonable) to make sure I know where I stand.
    :smile:

That's a way of guaranteeing you don't know where you stand.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    If you are going to have a fit over 10 Calories ... you have bigger problems.

When I was on my deficit .. I almost never used the database. I just did not trust people to be accurate .. as my experience shows me that people are very very likely to get things wrong. I am way to OCD to allow that to happen.

I am in maintenance and do not count now at all ... and doing just fine, so those 10 Calories, they will not make a bit of difference.

And all that on a Friday. Have a great weekend .. but you really need to relax.