YouTube Workouts?

Options
Hey guys! So basically, I'm a broke almost-freshman and I want to start exercising. I don't have a way to get to the gym, so it has to be in-home, and I have no money. I've seen some workouts on YouTube but I don't know if they're okay to do or if they're unhealthy or something?
My goal is to build core and upper body strength as well as some leg strength but largely with a focus on core and also flexibility, though I can probably develop a stretching program on my own as I know lots of stretches and they're easy to string together.
So - are the workouts legit? Are there any really good ones you'd recommend? Or other free resources to start exercising at home with little to no equipment?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies

• ME0172
    ME0172 Posts: 200
    Options
    My sister does youtube workouts. Are you getting winded and working up a sweat? Do you feel pushed? Then it's a legit workout. Just because it's free doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it. I've done several step workouts off youtube too and while they aren't the most fun I've done, they work in a jam. I say go for it. Plus you'll get a lot of variety that way. Have fun.