New, well returning! would love some friends

Options
Hey people, A returning guy who is looking for some motivators and friends to help me along...anyone know an alternative to chips will be a friend for life :laugh:

Replies

• llerelgin
    llerelgin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    POPCORN!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    POPCORN!!!!! :bigsmile:

I agree... I have a popcorn maker. Cost me about £15 and the kernals are cheap. Bit boring to begin with but you get used to them.
    Low in fat and better than crisps!!
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Hey people, A returning guy who is looking for some motivators and friends to help me along...anyone know an alternative to chips will be a friend for life :laugh:

I still eat chips but now they are done in the oven rather than deep fried.

Feel free to add me if you like: Female, 30, from Tamworth in England.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I found a great recipe for baked tostones! http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/06/baked-tostones-green-plantains.html

send me a friend request if you like.
  • lisiloulah
    lisiloulah Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Potato wedges are a good alternative to chips (Fries for the americans!) and leaving the skins on adds extra fibre too! Potato Waffles are one I have occaisionally too! easier to portion than chips and no deep frying!

Feel free to add me: 29yo, from Shropshire UK.
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new and looking for friends too feel free to add me.

Oh, and I get my salt fix from stuffed olives mmmmm
  • Toritoritori757
    Options
    It's a stretch but I like to think cucumber slices are a good replacement for chips nice fresh one will still have crunch and the slices have similar shape which I think helps (unless you're not American and you're not looking for a replacement for crisps but chips as in what I would call fries) in that case just enjoy some baked home fries with little or no salt. Replace salt with rosemary or pepper t o get flavor!
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Kale chips are good, easy to make too. My kids like the mini flavored rice cakes as well.
  • Cara8359
    Cara8359 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Alternatives to chips? Try making some kale chips, zucchini chips, etc.! And good luck! Check out the website for the Hungry Girl for more ideas - she has some awesome alternatives to many, many things! Feel free to add me, if you wish!

Cara