2nd Week Weight Loss

Options
I started my weight loss journey 2 weeks ago. My first weigh in was last Friday and I lost 6.8 lbs! This morning was my second weigh in. I ate well all week, and ate pretty much as I did last week but this week I only lost 1.4 lbs. I am not complaining at all and I am very happy that I lost anything at all, i'm just interested in knowing what was different. I know that in the first few weeks you lose retained water which can explain why I lost more but is there anything else that can explain it?

To promote weight loss, should I be eating more protein and less carbs? What about eating at night? Does it matter at all when I intake my calories or is that a myth?

Replies

• floatingpumpkin
    Options
    No week will be the same, some weeks the scale may even go up. It's all just your body reacting to the changes. You lost a lot of water weight and well, I'm sure you were eating less the first week than you had been prior to dieting. Calories are calories, it doesn't matter what time you eat. I suggest you eat when you're hungry, just try to stick to eating well, and you'll get there. If you're working out (I hope you are) you'll also be gaining muscle mass. Don't worry about the scale so much as how well your clothes fit. :)
    Congrats and keep it up!! :)
  • slomo22
    slomo22 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Expect to lose 1-2 pounds of fat per week. You did not lose 6.8 pounds of fat in your first week, most of that is water. Make sure you weigh yourself consistently, right when you wake up is best with minimal clothing. Don't focus on week to week losses/gains, it's a journey right?
  • xxval21xx
    xxval21xx Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The big drop was due to water weight. if you think about it and do the math it would be a deficit of 23 800 calories in 1 week which is impossible. Keep at it, its just your second week your body is confused by the change and you need to give it time to adapt to the change. As for carbs, protein intake i would suggest you take a look at this link http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ input your data and they will tell you exactly how much to eat depending on your weight loss goal. To answer your last question personally i dont believe there is any difference.. Your body does not work on a 24 hour clock, it doesnt reset itself every 24 hour. It doesnt know either when its late or early. I think when it comes to eating late people tend to stop after 7-8 pm because going to bed on a full stomach is uncomfortable for many and some have a hard time digesting everything when eating late.. But thats just my opinion on that... That link though, will be extremely helpful in setting up a regime you can follow on daily basis and always remember this... calories in vs calories out. Thats it. Just science, make sure you stick to all your macros, dont go over your weekly calorie goal and throw in some exercise and youll see the weight come off in no time! Best of luck
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Agree with what everyone else has said. The big drop is probably mostly water. Stick with it. 1.4LB is still GREAT progress. I only weight once a week, same time each week so I'm not obsessing about it. Keep at it, you're doing great!
  • inturnldemize
    Options
    You guys are all AWESOME. Thanks for the support and hepful words!