Vegan and loving it!

Options
I started choosing foods that did not contain animal products on 10-10-10 and have lost 15 pounds in three months! I joined this site because I feel like I can finally reach my weight goal, now that I have discovered how to eat well. The trick will be continuing to choose the right foods consistently. I find myself tempted to eat cookies, even though I know they contain butter, and trying to avoid cheese is also really hard. I hope to find some good and easy vegan recipes here.

Replies

• MayaPapaya64
    Options
    That is so amazing that you've made that lifestyle choice - for yourself, as well as for our environment and the animals! Good for you!

I was full vegan for a while, but now eat a mostly vegan diet, with a little yogurt and butter now and then. I cook vegan a LOT so have a few recipes I can share. Love to exchange some with you!
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    if you like chick peas how about curry chick peas cook in coconut milk season with peppers and onions over white or brown rice. you can blend it after or just serve as it is. i also do steam cabbage, greens, with cauliflower and baby carrots
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 6 years and have tried several times to be vegan but I've had trouble finding enough healthy vegan foods to make that I liked and I always fell off the wagon. I've found several awesome vegan recipe ideas on here and i think it's going to be possible for me to stick to that lifestyle : ) I felt healthier being a veagn but it does get annoying defending your decisions to not consume any animal products. Glad there are people out there who can relate.
  • Amber824
    Amber824 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That's great! I started trying the vegan lifestyle several months ago after listening to an audio book called Skinny B*tch. It is a great book! I went out and bought the paper copy and the cookbook. It's called Skinny B*tch in the Kitch. The authors lead a completely vegan and organic lifestyle. It's a great read. I gave up after a couple of weeks due to the "convenience" of meat. I have decided now that meat and dairy products are no good. (Trying really hard to read labels. I do have veggie burgers with cheese made in, but other than that, I'm done.) I would love any tips that you may have. Good Luck!
  • Hendrixpno
    Options
    One of my most favorite vegan recipe blogs:

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com

SOOO delicious. There is even a section labeled "Ridiculously Easy," which I find useful with my busy schedule. Over the past few weeks, I've been spending a couple hours on Sunday making a new soup that I pre-portion into smaller tupperware to take to work each day for lunch. Makes it so much easier to stick with vegan AND portion control.